A Special Gift

Blaster 8266

A few weeks ago a group of us were asked to appear at our local hockey team game for STAR WARS night. It's is something the town loves and it has become something that they want us to do every year.

This year we decided to honor a special guest. I have a friend that I have known for a very long time. She has a son that has battled many illnesses and has been hospitalized for more of his life than he has got to play. This child has been on his death bed far more times than most people should ever have to experience.

The child is a huge Star Wars fan and has seen pics of us before and his wish was one day to meet Darth Vader. So i took it upon myself to build him a Stormtrooper helmet because he has seen mine and the kid stared at it for hours.

We got together and had Darth Vader present him the helmet. The kid never took it off the whole night.

Today I received a picture from his mother. They set up Christmas decorations early very year because winter time is very bad on his heath so they always want to make sure he is a part of the holiday spirit.

This is the pic they sent

Posted Image

Just wanted to share this with everyone. The family has gone through many battles and there are many more to come. Right now he seems to be doing well.

Things like this is why I love this club.

What a great act of kindness from you and your squad. The best part of the 501st is the happiness we bring to people all across the world and especially the children. It's very sad to see a child not being able to do all the things the other kids can do and I can only imagine the pain the parents are going through watching their love struggle. I know what you guys did brought smiles to the child and the parents and is something they will never forget. Thank you for all you do and for sharing this :)