George Lucas Plans to Give Away Most of His $4 Billion in Disney Money

pashnak

George Lucas Plans to Give Away Most of His $4 Billion in Disney Money [REPORT]

Posted Image November 1, 2012 by Todd Wasserman 8

Like Tweet +1 Share Pin It Share Posted Image

Most of the $4 billion that George Lucas will get from his sale of Lucasfilm to Disney will go to to charitable initiatives, according to a report.

The bulk of the cash will fund “a foundation which will primarily focus on educational issues,” a Lucasfilm rep told The Hollywood Reporter. “George Lucas has expressed his intention, in the event the deal closes, to donate the majority of the proceeds to his philanthropic endeavors,” the rep added.

Lucas heads up the George Lucas Educational Foundation, which includes Edutopia. In 2006, the foundation donated $175 million to USC, Lucas’ alma mater.

Disney announced earlier this week that it plans to buy Lucasfilm and release a new Star Wars film, Episode 7 in the series, in 2015. Episodes 8 and 9 are also in the works.

So far I didn't hear any rumor about the work in progress on the movies.

IMDB usually is one of the most updated website where check this stuff even if a movie is still in the director's thoughts.

I wouldn't be surprised by the fact they'll rush to deliver this project..perhaps it was only a palliative to let the Star Wars fans digest the news.

Let me inquire about it. :closedeyes: