First pictures of my pouches...kinda disappointed

Not what I was hoping for. Oh well.... They are paid for and our mine once he finishes. More than what I had to begin with lol.

I'll find a use for them while I continue to search for the perfect leather pouches. It's nothing against the people making them here. I'm just looking for as close as possible to original leather MP38/40's for hips and shoulders. We have nothing but pictures to go off of.

They are not stained yet. I do think he nailed the small tool pouch though for the most part.Posted Image

Posted Image

They dont look thaaat bad. Yes, they are not accurate but they would be accepted for 501st status no doubt, and if used on the waist, probably could work for police officer too if you stick an "ammo clip" inside. :)

Who did you get this from?

Just so other troopers may know what to expect.

There are 2 MP38/40 runs going right now on the forum. Check them out if you want to upgrade.

Saludos.

Ron's Custom Leatherwork.

They're not bad, but was hoping them to be more like the pictures of the original ones. That's why I'm a little disappointed. It's good to know that they will work for initial acceptance. These are what is on the way lol.

The only reason I didn't jump on the pouch runs here is that seem to closer resemble the stola wein (I think that's the one) version. I can tell that those guys are doing great work by the pictures and, of course, the responses from everyone here. The main difference seems to be no flap closures, D-rings, or small tool pouch. I guess it's to be expected as the stola wein version seems to be the most popular for the hips and dyed canvas for the shoulder. Looking at what I'm getting, they are a definite upgrade though lol.

I really just need to complete this first build at this point. I'll worry about upgrades after I get my TD designation. Did you know that HWT get the TD designation instead of TK? See... close cousins lol.

Yep, both runs are for the leather MP40 pouch trying to replicate the pouch seen in ANH, that we think were specially made for the film, and are similar to the Stolla Wien pouch.

The reason why these are made and not the MP38/40 is that those ones are readily available from a number of on line sellers and not too expensive. For instance, I got my set of 2 from ima-usa.com from about 30USD. That pouch should be made in canvas and worn of the shoulder. That is the one you might be looking for with the strap and D ring, and the little tool pouch.

Yours is not too bad, the only thing is that those kind of pouches made in leather were not seen on ANH, so therefore it would not be accepted for SWAT, but would make it no problem into 501st clearance and could make it into Police Officer if wore on the waist with no small pouch.

Overall, it looks good, just might be the feeling of getting something different from the rest. But that is no issue here, just weather and age it a bit, and you will look fine!

BTW, was that TD designation for HWT published somewhere? I think I know it had been going on for some time, but didnt know it was already stablished like that. I dont like the idea at all, I think the TD designation is the most iconic designation by itself, even more that TK... and it means much more than just two letters, a little bit like this Detachment, we stand alone and apart from most characters and designations by our own means and we have earned it. But, I would need to understand why this has happened. In my mind, TD will only mean Sandtrooper!

:)

Saludos

Actually,

If seem in perspective, we could say the HWT exists as a character cause we, the MEPD, wanted to have a different designation or at least to rise the Legion standards for Sandtroopers, since the CRL did not required TDs to be dirty... so, this detachment started to make it clear that Sandtroopers should have sand and that a shiny Stormtrooper with a pauldron was not a Sandtrooper. So, in a way, giving HWT the TD designation would be in many ways against the reason this detachment started. But, anyway, since there is a clear difference between HWT and Sandtroopers today, I guess nobody sees the need to have them in different designation. Only us.

Being a Sandtrooper is a matter of pride, we are a very special character no doubt, in that sense being a TD was very similar. It was clear we were the real bad ***** in the Empire...

I am not happy with this news...

Maybe I can just deny it in my head forever.

;)

Saludos

Juan

There was a whole discussion on whitearmor about the designation being TD for HWT. It's just what was officially decided.

If it makes you feel better, I'm going HWT but I know that Sandies will always rule :). There seem to be a good many Sandies out there. I can't say that there are many HWT though. I like to be a little different.

An yes the HWT hot potato!

FISD: Good lord man it's got a pauldron! Give it to the pigpens of the empire!

MEPD: Not a sandtrooper. Not even dirtied is it a TD! It's EU and totally a TK.

I kinda like having it be a TK. While I'm not a EU or video game fan I like having the diversity of costumes on FISD. It's fun to see them evolve as people get excited about the diversity of costumes.

Yah a HWT is more like a TD... But a TD is unto itself and stands alone.

-Eric