Memorex Wireless Setup with iComm/Aker in ATA Bucket

SNOWMAN

So after I got my ATA bucket (coming from the AM bobble head) I truly realized how much less space I had inside. Its much more difficult to get the bucket on and I was running into issues with it squeezing the headset/mic when trying to put the lid on.

I had the memorex wireless transmitter/receiver that I'd purchased from Jim a year ago when I got my iComm so gave it a shot again, and using a thread on FISD, found the optimal layout for the hardware in the chest. This gives awsome signal strength and in my tests I never had a drop out.

So made a video and thought I'd share on youtube.

Matt,

Great job and thanks for sharing. Awesome video too. I like the idea of the mic right in front of the teeth and not around the mouth. I am starting to put the guts in my bucket and purchased a $15 amp from Radio Shack with the wired mic. I have the same issue getting it on and have been playing with the idea of wireless. This makes my mind up.

Thanks Luis! I tried using the memorex about a year ago, but had the receiver with the antenna in the back plate. I kept getting drop outs and scratched it because of that. With this setup, I've had no drop outs at all, and now have one less thing to worry about. (Head set falling off) I've added a small piece of foam to the right/inside of the bucket and this offsets the weight of the receiver on the right. So now the ATA bucket sits straight.

Ben, I bought that RS amp at first myself and all I did was get feedback from it. I highly recommend you get an Aker 10watt amp. It is a game changer. :) The RS amp is good, I use it now in my back pack for the legion TD radio/comm loop. (You'll be able to download that if you want to, once you are an approved legion member)