Weathering for Docking Bay Sgt v1. Reference pics?

Havoc6538

Does anyone have any reference pics for Docking Bay Sgt v1 (2 small Spanish pouches and the canvas MP40 shoulder pouch with the tool pack) other than these? I've got to the stage where I'm ready to start weathering, but could do with a little more reference if I'm ever going to go for SWAT.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The weathering on the shoulder pauldron in the docking bay and the last pic looks similar to the cantina sgt, and the road block captain v2 (the one with the MG15) , I wonder if it's the same one. Just noticed it's on Davin Felth too, in the "Look Sir. Droids!" scene.

Was the same armour used by another trooper in another part of the film? I know the sandies were mix and match, with various components being used by different troopers (check out Davin felth's lid on the roadblock Private). If anyone knows where I can find shots of the back of this suit, I'd sure appreciate a pointer.

simon,i think youve done well to find as many pics as you have,he likes to

hide this one!

i think its safe to say he wears davins pauldron at some points,as for his armour im not sure

about that though,rolf has some great ref. pics of troopers,maybe he can help a little more.

good look with your quest!! :thumbsup:

Begun, the weathering has...

Posted Image

I went a bit heavy on the right shoulder bell, (I used some of the Davin Felth reference pics as a guide as there aren't any for this suit that I can find) so I've taken it back a bit on the darkest parts and it looks a lot better now.

Nice weathering! As for the troopers wearing different parts of each others armor. I don't know, except that since there was only 6 sets of armor for the TD shoots I would guess to say they had to use other parts for each other troopers shots, to give the appearance of more troopers. The old switch and bait!! Ahhhhh haaaaa

Scary as it was, I've done the first attempt on the lid, trying to stay as close as possible to the screen shots of my chosen sandy. It's almost there, but I'll tweak it a little. The dirty areas have come out much more orangey in the pics. This isn't a true representation of the colour, but you can get an idea of what I'm aiming for.

I gave the helmet a wash of tan/sand coloured acrylic then rubbed it down with some kitchen roll. This created a nice subtle uneven base. Then I added the grime with varying shades of Citadel Woodland brown to black for the general grime and real dirty areas. The back of the lid I just did randomly as there are no reference pics of this.

Posted Image

And here is the right bicep, weathered to match one screen as close as I could.

Posted Image

With the ab plate, shoulder bells and back, I'm just really making it up kind of based on some of the other armour shots, as these parts are never seen on this trooper.