Voice amp, mic, static burst ect.

I was looking for some feedback on what different Troopers prefer for this stuff. I know what all our local guys here in Richmond use. What do you guys from other areas like to use? Thanks for any help given.

I have one of the Rom/FX units. I am really happy with it and it comes complete. Some of the others you have to buy powered speakers etc... This is a complete unit. Board, Amp, Speaker, and mic.

The static burst sounds great!

I have the pro unit with the extra buttons which are a lot of fun!

I am useing a Skullworx system. While it looks very nice and doesn't look at all clutered I was somewhat disapointed. It includeds the amp, mike, araetor speakers and fans all in one. I found the fans too loud and the vibration of them transmits through the helmet, so they are almost always off. As far as the speaker/amp, I found I couldn't get it loud enough without suffering feedback. As it is its only marginally louder then me talking normally with the helmet on. It could just be that I don't know what I am doing, but all in all wasn't as happy with it as I hoped.

CJ

• 2 months later...

I have one of the Rom/FX units. I am really happy with it and it comes complete. Some of the others you have to buy powered speakers etc... This is a complete unit. Board, Amp, Speaker, and mic.

The static burst sounds great!

I have the pro unit with the extra buttons which are a lot of fun!

Yep. Me too. Very happy for it, works fine, sounds fantastic. Only one little problem, where to put it ex. Go get one trooper.

• 2 months later...

I got my Rom/FX this week. It's a blast. I'm storing the batteries in my toolkit pouch for my shoulder MP-40, and the electronics in the left most MP-40 pouch. Small slit to run wires between them, and bingo.

Speaker velcroed into the chest, and added a mini extender cable so that all of the white mic wire is stowed in the helmet (except for the last 6 inches that I painted black) and links to the end of the cable extender that I afix to my left suspender strap.

Now... to find a good place to hide the 3 recording buttons....

Oh, if you do what I did, take the level control knob loose from the pot after you set the level where you want it, and store it somewhere. It's just going to get broken sticking out from the side while it's in your ammo pouch.