Howard's AP TD Armor Build

AWHthethird

Finally got it all trimmed you know with work and all!!! It's nice seeing it take shape, oh here's a picture of it so far, and yes constructive criticism would be awesome!!! kinda wish I knew how to make the picture bigger though... sorry

post-4883-0-64083400-1345584060_thumb.jp

Looking good so far Andrew!

You are in a great place!! Starting to build anew armor is always VERY exciting!!

One thing I can see already, but dont worry much... You could trim your belt a bit closer to the "rectangles" on the top and bottom edges. This will help it bend easier and will make it more accurate! Also, trim diagonally the corners. You dont want a rectangular belt, but more an octagonal shape.. with the corners cut in diagonal.

Here is a reference, not a screen shot but it helps a lot too to understand the corner trim, not the edges though.

post-1761-0-11018600-1345585139_thumb.jp

I guess this is your first build, isn't it?

So, my main advices here would be:

Try to always follow original movie references. If you follow other people armors as references, you will end up with a copy of a fan built armor. If you follow original screen used armor references, chances are your armor will look more accurate.

(of course you can use other's builds to understand how to actually build the armor)

And, patience... measure three times, cut once. Be sure of what you are doing, and if in case of doubt, ask!! We will be very happy to help!

You are doing good and now the fun begins!

Saludos.

Juan

Awesome!!! I've always liked the quality of AP armor. It's a great set up that will last a long time. Take your time and use the tutorials to get it done right.

The strapping system can be a challenge especially for a first time builder. I personally do not use snaps at all on my strapping....Its a Velcro system that allows for complete modification without gluing nd regluing

Ok, so today I was building my armor and finished a thigh piece. I really don't know how I expected it to stay up but I did and it fell, obviously. So my question is what is the best way to them stay up and where can I get it?

Hindsight 20/20 right?

I didn't catch that. Stupid language barrier!!!

Did you mean how to keep the thighs up in place?

If so, one very good solution and screen accurate too is to fix an elastic from the front going to a belt that would go around your waist, under the ab and back plates.

If that is what you are asking, I can post a reference tomorrow.

Saludos.