CAP-W Sandtrooper parts

Scootch

Hi Guys.

I started reworking the CAP stuff a couple years ago. I can only do this in my spare time but today I got my new Sandtrooper Ab Plate close enough to do a couple test pulls on. I am looking for input from everyone before I proceed any further. Thanks in advance.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Revised edition:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks! Test samples eh? I should mention I continued the sides all the way down to the deck, meaning there is now an additional 1.5" of armor.... 3/4" (0.75") each side where the ab plate meets the kidney plate.

Hmmmmm test samples........ :pirate:

I would love a test sample :) I'd wear it with pride and let EVERYONE know where I got it lol

Btw the extra space would be great :)

You an me both Rick! I'm in for a test! Don't mind being a guinea pig at all! LOL

BTW...I don't see anything that looks like it needs any tweaking. Looks spot on to me. The extra plastic on the sides is a major plus too!

I am however a much bigger fan of ABS. Would you be offering these in ABS or only HIPS?

Need to replace my old FX AB at some point.

Yes HIPS.

Thanks for the compliments guys. see anything that needs work?

Looks great bro, maybe do the ab lower dot in the corner a bit bigger.

Check my RS ab dot here :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Yes I see what you mean. It's close to the same size as the three buttons?

I need to look at the screen grab again. Thanks matey!

Edit.... The donut seems smaller in screen pics. Then in one of the roadblock scenes it almost looks like there's a trooper with a button in the top right corner.

Well..... I'll keep looking. Thanks

I'm kinda on the fence about relocating the strip from the belt down to the cod. I know it's lined up with the button in a lot of pics, just looks funky to me.

More thoughts on the button. I have a theory based on what I've read about the trooper armor from ANH. The first few suits to go into production were jammed out and sent to Tunisia for the desert scenes.

While the desert shoot was going on in Tunisia the prop guys in UK were working on fine tuning the trooper gear for the TK's we see throughout the movie.

Suppose the button (which appears to be a rivet in the photo below) stayed in the forming buck for X ammount of pulls but then during one pull maybe it stuck in the plastic and was pulled out of the buck. Maybe there was a nasty hole in the buck where it was torn from, maybe the prop guys snagged a larger piece of hardware and poked it into the hole and kept jamming out armors.

Reason I bring this up is that I went back and blew this guy up and darkened a few pixels. It looks very much like a rivet to me. This one being one of the first produced armors.

The RS is awesome in it's own rite, but it is my understanding this was a Stormtrooper armor it was cast from.

But I am crazy too and this may all be my crazy coming out. :whistling: But yeah it looks like I could lower it.

Posted Image

LOL, I looked again, decided to take Rolph's input and scoot the rivet a bit closer to the corner. I truly do not wish to make a 100% copy of anyone else's armor... I just want to do some work to the CAP bucks so they're not so Blah....

Anyway I'll do a testie on it after it's done and post.

Oh and I also realized after looking at pics The RS looks like a Sandy so I apologize for remarking it was a stormie before.

Okay I used what is known in slang terminology as a "Slam Pin" for my rivet. It has been sanded down and inserted into the rectangle area. It's pretty close, just need to sand it a bit more and shoot out the hole in the center and I think it'll work. What say you?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looking smoking hot bro, maybe add the string longer and fade it out over the ab box as well, i guess its a easy thing to modify to give it the extra accurate touch :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Thanks Rolph............. what do you mean by the "string" bro?

Here you go bro :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Maybe make the small going down box in the big ab box a bit wider as well :thumbsup:

Posted Image

(the shape on top over the over all belly are wrong round shaped as well, but i guess it dos not matter as the chest covers it and go over the belly part :thumbsup: