My RS Props Helmet

Nice helmet you got there :)

Trimming the ears can be a time consuming job.

The way I did mine is trim them little by little and continously checking the fit..

Good luck with the build!

I took the plunge of doing the hole a additional tad bit further back on one side when I'd disassembled the helmet anyway when filing the eyes to ESB spec. Looking better.

Here it is next to my TE RotJ fiberglass helmet.

Posted Image

Looks great now bro.

If you need the face to join up better to the dome, i guess you just need to add new holes, as long as the ear caps cover up the first made holes i guess it do not matter you make new ones.

Keep up the good work my friend, the trimming looks great as well :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Need to clean out my work room after I dumped all my crap out there when I had to clean my apartment for having visitors last weekend. Really got to get started on those ears so I can get this assembled and finished. Seeing as the grill on the mic tips has to be cut out and glued in... what's the best kind of glue to use for that?

• 2 weeks later...

Well....just what everyone else said.....if you want the face plate closer. Drill new holes.....if you did what I did you drilled out the dimple in the top and face plate that were already there....ya that's wrong.....the ears.....nice and slow.....but I found a tool that helps...I don't know the name of it but it will give you an out line of the lid so you canmake a line on the ears and cut...