For Those Who Feel Overwhelmed....We Have ALL Been there

DirtyBoy

Hey troops, I know starting out with your build is a big challenge to say the least. Lots of ???'s that seem to take forever to find the answers to. Anyway, you are not alone....we have all been there and usually the first builds are, lets just say "not usually" accurate.... lol

Here is a picture of my first set of armor from a few years ago. Take a moment to breath and share your first builds :)

Posted Image

Pretty Crappy I know ;)

thats my 1'st billd i lirnt from others mistakes i have alterd te straping and re dun the helmet int. 3 times and have trimd the armer till it fellt right its alway a working progres

From one that started out from a Rubbies Costume, an FX Bucket and to rebuild my sandy again from scratch, would not be here if it wasn't for fine TD support.

So for you troopers out there with problems at the build do not feel overwhelmed. There's no excellence without failure.

So jump in, we are here to aid our troopers!

My first build was a re-cast FX kit. To me it was like solid gold, and treated ir like that. While building it, I wanted to make it as cool and accurate as possible, so I researched a lot. Made lots of mistakes and also pushed my own garrison a bit forward with my "accurate build". All the correct colors, green lenses, blue tube stripes and all...

And then as I came deeper into the hobby, I realized my armor was nowhere near accurate. So I started a long path that has not ended, upgrading stuff, and modifying it again and again. Today 6 years later, I have nothing in my TD from that 1st build, but without it, I could not be where I am now.

So, for you guys starting your first set of armor, even if it feels like too much, trust me when I say, you are not alone. And in many ways, you are already standingin someone elses shoulders. Many things are more readily available, and resources are more in hand than, say no 6 years ago, but last year.

If you need anything, we are here to hold your backs.

Saludos.

Juan.

PS. Ill post some pictures of that build tomorrow from my comp.