Extremly dumb question.

Did a quick search and didn't really come across anything. But, I have a quick but stupid qustion. I currently own an old FX kit. I definitly know that FX buckets are not up to snuff, but is the armor? And, can i possibly use it to shoot for police officer or SWAT?

Hey Todd... No such things as a stupid question as long as you ask it.

Yes, the FX bucket is pretty much a no go for all detachment programs, and I would add, a no go if you want to look the part.

The armor, on the other hand is no problem if you put it together properly. There are even a few mods you could do to it if you want to look better. One thing I would say first is, try to get it done as the original armor if possible, with the but joint technique for arms and legs.

Here is a picture of my own FX armor with TE2 bucket, just to give an didea of how it could look, even much better if done right.

post-1761-0-91820300-1337044344_thumb.pn

Just one question.

Do you already have the FX armor, or are you planning to get one.

If the second, I would suggest to look for more accurate kits. There are some options that are as affordable as a FX armor and way more accurate.

Let me know if you need more info.

Saludos.

Awsome. Yes, the bucket is a given. When I went for Centurian on the FISD, I totally axed my FX armor all together and got ATA. Now that I achieved that, I have a spare set of armor, which I am goig for TD with an ATA or T/MC bucket. Thank you, Juan!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Todd... No such things as a stupid question as long as you ask it.

Yes, the FX bucket is pretty much a no go for all detachment programs, and I would add, a no go if you want to look the part.

The armor, on the other hand is no problem if you put it together properly. There are even a few mods you could do to it if you want to look better. One thing I would say first is, try to get it done as the original armor if possible, with the but joint technique for arms and legs.

Here is a picture of my own FX armor with TE2 bucket, just to give an didea of how it could look, even much better if done right.

post-1761-0-91820300-1337044344_thumb.pn

Just one question.

Do you already have the FX armor, or are you planning to get one.

If the second, I would suggest to look for more accurate kits. There are some options that are as affordable as a FX armor and way more accurate.

Let me know if you need more info.

Saludos.

Hey Juan, Just reviewing and reserching some posts and I forgot to answer your last question. Yes, I currently have a set of FX armor. I upgraded my TK to ATA armor and received centurian status in the FISD. So with that said, I already had a spare set of armor (my old TK). In thinking, Why not do a TD? I plan on doing some upgrades and mods to make it as screen accurate as possible. This is going to be an extremly fun project and I'm excited to do it! I modified my ATA TK for my girth and size, so I think that doing the same with the FX armor should not be a huge problem. I think you can tell that I'm pretty excited about this. :yes: