Black Sticker Spot on Shoulder Pauldron

sportsanchor

Hey guys,

I need to create the black sticker spot on my orange shoulder pauldron. Has anybody done this accurately? Is there a good pic / screen-grab from the movie to work from? How do you do it?

Thanks inm advance for the help.

TD-1044

GLG

Hello mate, the way I did it was to paint the bottom of a drinks glass of relevant size with the same weathering paint you use for your armour and stamp it on. Then rub it circularly with a sponge and then rub some of it off with a damp towel scrunched up, just the same as the other weathering tutorials on these forums.

Hope this helps.

Nick

What I did was to paste some masking tape in a cutting mat, lots of it to creat a layer. The cut off the circle making a masking template. Took the mask and stick it to the pauldron and paint it black, rub it off and again and again. Till I was happy.

Like it a lot.

I think I was probably the secondTD to have this, only after Rolf. So there might be a better technique out there.

Saludos.

I made my circle like this:

1. I found a round item there have the size i like.

2. I then draw if on a wide piece of paint tape on a table plate.

3. I then cut the circle out.

4. I then just add it to the pauldron, whit some more paint tape around the area.

5. I then use raw umber weathering in the circle, to i like the shade/darkness/tone of it.

6. I then hair spray it, and let it dry.

7. I then take the paint tape off, and after that, weathering the rest of the pauldron, and then give the complete pauldron a hair spray job, and its done :thumbsup:

Check the orange part of the pauldron near the neck end. There is a black circle shaped washed mark. That is what many of us think is the residue of a sticker's glue with some dirt sticked to it.

Hope it helps.

Saludos

post-1761-0-74198400-1336777558_thumb.jp

• 4 weeks later...