Backpack proportions

DirtyBoy

Hey troops wanted to get some feedback on what you thought about this. I see all kinds of pack builds across the board. Most builds involve the use of the seed trays an in my opinion are way out of proportion for some of the smaller troopers. Has anyone built a screen accurate scaled down version? If you are around 5'9 to 6'5 the seed trays and standard build works perfectly....if your not what do you do?

mmm.... I am 5'8 (I think), and never thought of scaling down my pack. But I can see that shorter troopers might want to do it.

For me, what dictates the size of the pack are the seed trays. If you choose a smaller or bigger size of trays, then the whole pack should be built in proportion to them.

It would be cool to see some scaled down or up packs.

Anyone?

Saludos.

I built this one, but I think it's a bit smaller than you are talking about!! HA! Thats my boy Stone, We call him a Stonetrooper!! But he needs a good small Lid!!! Been hunting for a year for a good one but no luck.

AL

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I built this one, but I think it's a bit smaller than you are talking about!! HA! Thats my boy Stone, We call him a Stonetrooper!! But he needs a good small Lid!!! Been hunting for a year for a good one but no luck.

AL

Maybe you can check with TM, he makes awesome suites for kids.

Saludos.

That's awesome!!!! Maybe he needs an fx bucket!!! Just kidding. But the pack is cool and it's proportionate to his body.

Juan you are at that cut off and your pack looks the way it should with your armor....

The seed trays do dictate the size of the pack and I really like to see a scaled down version.

Maybe you can check with TM, he makes awesome suites for kids.

Saludos.

Thanks Juan,

I tried him, he is to busy to do a kids helmet, if someone did they could make some cash, there are a lot of people who want a good kids TD or TK helmet!!

Didn't mean to steer the thread in a different way, sorry . But thanks for the TM try.

AL

I’m 5 foot 8” and I’m building a Crashmann pack (using his vac formed seed trays and a PVC frame I made). I’m very conscious of height and proportions in terms of the armor. For example, on my first armor build I made almost every part (torso, limbs) too big, and I ended up padding everything. It resulted in me looking even shorter! On my second build, I made everything much more form fitting. I have a slim build, and it turned out much better. I’m building my TD now (3rd armor, 4th helmet) and I think I can do a much better job matching proportions at least the best I can do.

That being said, I’m planning to build the backpack as is, no plans to scale down multiple parts – but the only thing I might make slightly smaller / shorter is the mortar tube. I want to make it slightly shorter, just from a convenience / bumping into things standpoint.

It’s been said that most troopers were about 5 foot 10” and I think Brian Muir sculpted the original armor based on a body cast from someone of that size. I’m only 2” shorter, but I also have narrow shoulders. Nothing that can’t be solved with some shoulder pads. 

It's been said that most troopers were about 5 foot 10" and I think Brian Muir sculpted the original armor based on a body cast from someone of that size. I'm only 2" shorter, but I also have narrow shoulders. Nothing that can't be solved with some shoulder pads. 

The SW site says that Troopers were 1.83 m, thats roughly 6', and I read somewhere that that was the hight Lucas wanted their troops to be. Anyway, I read somewhere that actors performing TDs where in general shorter (or looked shorter) than most TKs.

I am 6'8 and I think its good height to be a TD... ;)

Anyway, in Mexico, Im taller than most troopers here, but there are 2 TDs that are 6 or taller.

But tall or short, a good fitted armor does wonders!

Doesn't it?

Saludos.

Gotcha....how far along are you on your pack build?

Also, I've never used crashmanns seed trays on my builds....what are the dimensions of the trays?

I've been using a different type of base tray lately and I'm curious how they relate in size.