mepd.net NON FORUMS

MiDri

You guys need to check out the site that's not part of the forums and get that up to snuff and check links.

Example: If you go to requirements page and click on forums it sends you to www.sandtroopers.net/forums (which is a floating domain, and could link to some bad stuff, thus bringing down mepd's google rating)

This should be a top priority, it's a simple fix (10-15 minutes to check the links on the site.)

Yes, this is something we're doing next week as well.

You're right that it's a simple fix to fix the errors that are there now... but rather than make more work for ourselves and do two steps (fix them and then upgrade it all) I'm just doing it all at once. So not only will those things be fixed — which have been broken for some time... and so 1 more week of Google finding it that way isn't going to make a difference — it will all match the forum and the rest of the site and will be easy to maintain from here on out. B)

Yes, this is something we're doing next week as well.

You're right that it's a simple fix to fix the errors that are there now... but rather than make more work for ourselves and do two steps (fix them and then upgrade it all) I'm just doing it all at once. So not only will those things be fixed — which have been broken for some time... and so 1 more week of Google finding it that way isn't going to make a difference — it will all match the forum and the rest of the site and will be easy to maintain from here on out. B)

Sounds good!

Imparted to something else to do with posting pictures because add any at the moment is a macabre :rolleyes:

Yes... I've noticed that too. :(

It will be fixed as well!

I have shut off the offending script for now. But that causes other things to change, so this will be fixed next week as well. ;)

Yes... I've noticed that too. :(

It will be fixed as well!

I have shut off the offending script for now. But that causes other things to change, so this will be fixed next week as well. ;)

I feel your pain Nol, I do web design for a living (as well as some programing) and coming in and taking up a forum or cms some one else has run for a long time and trying to update it can be a real pain in the butt plate.

I feel your pain Nol, I do web design for a living (as well as some programing) and coming in and taking up a forum or cms some one else has run for a long time and trying to update it can be a real pain in the butt plate.

Well, especially when you don't want to leave well enough alone and start trying to "fix" everything right away. :D haha

Yes, I do web design too — as you probably know — and often I tell clients we're not going to "fix" their old sites, we're just going to start from scratch. You don't take a chocolate cake to a chef and say, "I need this to be strawberry." They just have to start from scratch to make you a strawberry one. (glad I like chocolate)

Anyway, that's sort of what I'm planning next Monday (the 22nd of Feb). Just a relaunch / start fresh. It's a good time to do it and to get the entire site synced and updated and everything.