Will this 'Sea Blue' Color do?

Trooper Peter

Due to the limited range of Rustoleum aerosol spray products and colors sold in Malaysia, the recommended colors esp. Rustoleum Satin "Lake Blue" 241252 or "Harbor Blue" 7722-830 are not sold here. :(

Instead, I have located this locally available NIPPON PAINT - PYLOX aerosol spray paint color called SEA BLUE (Code No. 308) as shown in these pictures :

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have placed this SEA BLUE next to the Bee Stinger (Faucet Cover), Lower Seed Tray (5 ribs) and CLOROX Disinfect wipes cannister that are intended to be painted blue. Colorwise, it is a shade in between Humbrol 47 Gloss Sea Blue and Humbrol 48 Mediterranean Blue. In short it is a shade of Light-Medium Blue, but does not have any Grey element in its pigment mix like Rustoleum Satin "Lake Blue" 241252, which Crashmann have shared with us.

Spray painted, it has a glossy finish where an initial layer of Primer is a MUST. The glossy sheen can be taken care of by Krylon Matt Finish and further weathered with an application of Woodland Scenics.

Will appreciate some expert opinion whether this SEA BLUE color is acceptable (or otherwise) based on the description that I've given. Thanks! :)

looks pretty close....maybe if you do the heavy grey primer undercoat....apply a light coat of the blue and a "stand back misting" coat of some grey...its hard to tell from the pic though. Gotta go with what you have and its close enough that I dont think anyone would notice.

looks pretty close....maybe if you do the heavy grey primer undercoat....apply a light coat of the blue and a "stand back misting" coat of some grey...its hard to tell from the pic though. Gotta go with what you have and its close enough that I dont think anyone would notice.

Thanks for the tips bro. I'll like to see how a "stand back misting" coat of grey will turn out to after I have done this experiment on some old newspapers. ;)