Hemby Children's Hospital Visit.

TD-5766

On Saturday, June 28th, 11 members of the Carolina Garrison were able to brighten the day for about 15 children at the Hemby Children's Hospital in Charlotte, NC. We were fortunate enough to have Legion Founder Albin Johnson join us to troop and he was able to bring R2-KT along for a day with the kids. Albin was also kind enough to bring R2-KT shirts and figures that garrison members gave out, along with Legion coloring books and some Star Wars trading cards to the kids we visited with. We also really made one young boy's day that was supposed to go to camp next week but now is not able to go because he is in the hospital. He said that our visit made up for him not being able to go to camp.

Everyone, patients, staff and troopers alike, had a great time. The Carolina Garrison also has plans with the hospital to make these visits a regular twice a year event.

A local news station filmed our visit and it will be airing tonight. As soon as I can get a link to the footage I will post it here. I want to thank Albin and all my fellow troopers for making this event a success. Check out photos from the event below.

(Write up by Luis Diaz)

Posted Image

My wife Connie and I with Albin and R2-KT.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

okay that just made my day !!

Kudos to all of you!

Its post like that , that make me proud of everyone who rocks Imperial Armor!

Being able to help raise money for worth while orginazations and bringing a smile to kids of all ages is one of the reasons I bought my armor and doing so has been worth all the money I shelled out for all my gear...

To all of you guys huge thumbs up

You make all of us proud

Thanks all!

This is our second trip there this year and now it's official with the Hospital. We will be going there twice a year now..spring and fall.

Along with R2-KT we hopefully will have R2-D2 with us on future trips. Hopefully we can drag Chris Bartlett down with his C-3PO this fall.

Duke University Children's Hospital will hopefully be coming up this fall as well.