Sandtrooper Differences

solarpickle

Alrighty then, I'm a newbie here, just wanted to say AWESOME site! Besides that, I've had my trooper outfit for a few years and I've gradually been gathering the stuff to be a Sandtrooper....BUT, i hadn't noticed till I came across this site about the different abdomen plate, the different knee plate and the flat lenses. I've been going thru the posts here but some are more recent than others, yada yada....so I was just wondering if there is a place to order the ab plate, the lenses and the knee all in one shot.....or where the best places to get them seperately.....any help would be greatly appreciated! AND, any more tips on getting dirty would be great too. I've been reading up on here and all the ideas and pics look great and I can't wait to try them.

I am a newbie myself but here are some things I have found that helped me. First a great link to a tutorial for the knee sniperplate. http://www.legionxxiv.org/trooper124/sniperplate.htm

TD6025 has great pics on how to easily mod you ab plate in his album in the photo gallery.

As for lenses I got mine from a seller, but I would suggest going and getting green a wielding face shield then cut them from that. That is what I am going to do. I don't like the dark lenses after wearing a helmet around with them in it. I think if it's even slightly dark out you can't see a darn thing!!

I hope that helps some. I did make myself smooth shoulder straps, but that is a personal thing, I just think my pack will fit better with them.

As for getting dirty I have found there are a ton of ways to do it. I used watered down acrylic paint and scrubber pads. I will have to touch it up now and then but it looks great. I have found that doing it this way it is easier to contol how dirty your armor is and clean up if you screw up. If you want to know exactly how I did it pm me and I will tell you.

Good luck getting dirty!!!

Katt

I used plexiglass for my knee plate (but lots of stuff can be used - VERY easy to do), I did my own ab plate mod (scary, but not hard at all), and I used green stage lighting gel for my lenses. You could also try one (or maybe two) of those green-tinted clear report covers. Or I've heard you can use RIT dye to dye plexiglass/clear plastic (haven't actually tried that.)

There are lots of inexpensive ways to achieve these things.

One other thing... DONT forget to take off the thigh boxes!! Most peeps forget about that, I know I did for a LOOOONG time. Heck in my first TD pics, including the first ones I used for THIS site, I still had them on!

They need to come off though. hey they make handy holders for small bolts, nuts, and screws! heheheh