New in the making

Hey everyone, I just recently ordered a kit. It's on it's way. I also ordered a pauldron. The parts I need are: black undersuit, gloves, pouches, boots and neck seal. If anyone has any pointers to lead my in the right directions, that'd be greatly appreciated. I've had some help from a couple people. So the more the merrier. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tkboots.com is where I got my boots

undersuit top and bottom can be found at wal-mart and Amazon. 

chemical gloves found at home depot/lowes/wal-mart

pouches are in the sale section here

latex handguards and neckseals can be found over at whitearmor.net 

tkboots.com is where I got my boots

undersuit top and bottom can be found at wal-mart and Amazon. 

chemical gloves found at home depot/lowes/wal-mart

pouches are in the sale section here

latex handguards and neckseals can be found over at whitearmor.net 

Awesome. Thank you! And what material are the gloves made out of? And I heard that tkboots are going out of business, cause I wear a size 10 so hopefully they have my size.

Definitely not heard that. I just went to tkboots.com and on the front page it says they have your size ready to ship now. The screen used gloves and ones you'll need for PO and SWAT are chemical gloves that are made out of rubber. 

Oh okay. I'm making a Sergeant Sandtrooper. So I was just curious if the gloves are supposed to be leather, rubber or something else.

2 hours ago, Sandman0114 said:

Also! Regarding boot size. If I order from tkboots, should I order a size bigger than what I wear in regular shoes. I wear a 10 in normal day shoes.

I wear a 10 as well.  I bought size 10 because I read they were true to size.  Got them and was worried about how tight they were, so I ordered a pair of 11s as well.  I was in the middle of a build, so I kept using the 10s for a week while the 11s shipped to me, so I could take pictures.  By the end of the week, after putting them on every day for maybe 20 minutes, the 10s had stretched enough that they were totally comfortable.  I ended up selling the 11s unopened.

I can't promise your experience will be identical, but that was my experience.

A year later, they fit me like a glove.  Love 'em!

I wear a 10 as well.  I bought size 10 because I read they were true to size.  Got them and was worried about how tight they were, so I ordered a pair of 11s as well.  I was in the middle of a build, so I kept using the 10s for a week while the 11s shipped to me, so I could take pictures.  By the end of the week, after putting them on every day for maybe 20 minutes, the 10s had stretched enough that they were totally comfortable.  I ended up selling the 11s unopened.

I can't promise your experience will be identical, but that was my experience.

A year later, they fit me like a glove.  Love 'em!

Awesome! Thank you!! I'm ordering the 10s. Cause the leather will stretch a little.

If you're a fan of insoles, it won't hurt to get a larger size. My feet turned into hamburger meat a long time ago so I don't wear them but many 501st guys swear by them. I wear a size 9 shoe and have size 9 boots. Broke them in faster than any of my Army boots. 

If you're a fan of insoles, it won't hurt to get a larger size. My feet turned into hamburger meat a long time ago so I don't wear them but many 501st guys swear by them. I wear a size 9 shoe and have size 9 boots. Broke them in faster than any of my Army boots. 

I feel you on that one. Tkboots said the boots will stretch or i can take them to a shop. My army boots took a while to break in when I was in the service. especially my tanker boots.