Bulldog44's Field Backpack Parts of Interest

Bulldog44

Starting this thread to post any parts or items I have found to be of interest for field backpack builds. I already started 2 other topics ( frames and radio research) but thought its best to just create one topic that addresses them all, plus I didn't know how to edit the previous topic subject headings (apologies!)

I will post more items if I find anything else that might be worth sharing. For now here is all I have:

Exhaust port main body alternatives-

Found some outdoor electrical outlet covers at the home center that sort of have the shape of the exhaust port on screen. Edges are too square but it can be worked on.

image.jpg2_zps4btv4gkv.jpg image.jpg1_zpsftx3lbij.jpg

Dollar store/yen shop outlet cover protectors for childproofing your homes- again not perfect, has an opening on the bottom side for plugs but that can be sealed up. Size is smaller that the item posted above.

image.jpg1_zpsdmk54nyw.jpg image.jpg2_zpsbhlbshsw.jpg

Cut up and reassembled plastic pencil/stationary holder - a bit of cutting , gluing and epoxy & sanding but the general shape can be achieved. This is slightly larger than both items posted above. A bit wide but it can be cut and reassembled the make it narrow. image.jpg3_zpsr35lfxmi.jpg

image.jpg1_zps9kpycuim.jpg

Really hard to find the perfect shape but hopefully these might come close.

Finding mounting feet has been difficult, probably best to hand make them.