ninjabenben

My first build, a ninjabenben story.

Looks really, really good.  I hope you to see your deployed application soon.

Just to make sure I'm doing this right, I'm in North Carolina so I just need to send the pictures to the Carolina Garrison's GML for him to look it over right?

Also, just curious if this is a common problem. There is no way to look down in the helmet without leaning my whole body forward. The shape of the helmet and the neck piece and pauldron just stuffs too much to tilt my head down, does that sound about right? Also there's no way I can come close to bending over enough to touch my toes, the thigh pieces dig into my waist too much for that.

Yes, vision directly in front of you will be a never ending problem.  It's likely you'll miss small kids without a spotter, so just be careful and vigilant as you walk.  I always end up hitting some kid with my hand when we are getting in position for a picture as I just can't see them.

As for you GML, if North Carolina is in the Carolina Garrison, then yes, submit to them.  Good luck!

Unless you have a really long neck, you can't look straight down. My helmet pretty much rests on top of my pauldron. 

Awesome work brother!!!
You look amazing.
Get cleared soon by your GML so you can apply here for Deployment.

And yes, sight and mobility is a constant problem. But you will learn to deal with it. It's a matter of practicing.

Saludos.

My wife usually acts as my assistant. She will pull my pauldron down and makes sure it's not being pushed by the pack. Yeah you will learn really quick how to stand to maximize viewing ability. When a 2 or 3 year old comes up to your leg but you can't see them is fun. 

My wife usually acts as my assistant. She will pull my pauldron down and makes sure it's not being pushed by the pack. Yeah you will learn really quick how to stand to maximize viewing ability. When a 2 or 3 year old comes up to your leg but you can't see them is fun. 

Yep!

I usually look down through the frown when kids approach me. But it's not easy to really spot them. You just learn to navigate without actually seeing.

As I said. It's a matter of practicing. After 10 years in armor, I can say it does get easier.

Saludos.

31 minutes ago, ninjabenben said:

Woohoo!!! 501st approved! I am now TD-14614 :D

Congrats!

Wow, great work Ben!

You put in a lot of effort and it really shows in your finished outfit.

Congratulations!

Charlie