MUSC Children's Hospital visit

silverboyd

Well, the first visit to MUSC Children's Hospital (Charleston, SC) was a hit! Yesterday, I met with the children on the 7th floor Atrium. This was a great area as it felt like we were outside due to the entire room having a massive skylight. I trooped this one alone due to a few uncontrollable circumstances but it went great! I brought along some Star Wars coloring books, puzzles and printed out a bunch of copies of the 501st Imperial Training Manual activity book. In tow was my Dad (who is currently working on his TIE armor and will be joining up with the Carolina Garrison soon) as a wrangler and a great friend of mine also came to provide some great photos. Once the event was finished, he graciously burnt a disc of the images so that the hospital staff could distribute the pics to the families who wanted copies. I spent time talking to the children, posing for lots of pics, painted pictures, played in a sandbox, some air hockey and also playing Force Unleashed (very fitting) on the Xbox360. Two of the children in particular were by my side the entire time. It warmed my heart to see the children play and have a good time even though they were sick. You wouldn't have known they were...they had so much energy in them. The staff wanted plenty of pics too.

Here are some great photos from this event...enjoy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image