Well after I built my first AM ANH Stunt TK back in February of this year I decided to make a ANH Hero TK and then turn my Stunt TK into a Sandtrooper. I finished my Troopmaster Hero in June and then began work on converting my AM TK into a TD.
Here is my AM 1.0/2.0 hybrid Stunt TK
Followed by my Centurion approved TM Hero TK
The conversion of my Stunt TK to TD needed some TLC and some upgrades so I replaced the Hand Plates, Forearms, Biceps, Helmet, Thigh Ammo Pack and Shins all with TM parts. So my Frankenstein TD is made up together with TM parts and the AM 1.0 Ab, Butt, Kidney and Thighs, and AM 2.0 Chest, Back and Shoulders with and a AP Belt.
Here is my Sandtrooper weathered and ready for deployment, submission photos submitted standing by...
Here is the customized Dirtyboy Filter pack weathered.
The Berkal mystery geeblies added on the
Leather wrapped Radio box, the front removes and the speaker holes are drilled out. I have a Aker amp and iPod with the TD chatter looped inside. The radio dials, mic ports and side clips are upgrades from P3laton3, the functional switches are from Crashmann
Here are the Blaster pouches, before and after weathering.
The armour is weathered with oil paint, black and raw umber in a 65/35 mix ratio. I did a light covering of the piece then wipe the majority off it away then blot on dark patches. The pouches are weathered with Sandpaper and a file to wear them down then I soaked them in hot water to soften the leather and then twist and beat the leather to distress it further. Once dried I did multiple coats of acrylic colours in washes and dry brushing. The pack is weathered with acrylic paint and then hair sprayed in areas and grout applied to those spots and then dry brushed to enhance the details.