ROM/FX Shoulder Pouch

A fresh TD from our Garrison was asking on our local forums for tips on ways to mount the ROM/FX. I´m pretty happy with my setup, so I snapped a shot, and put some labels on it. Thought I´d post it here as well, just in case:

Posted Image

The ROM/FX motherboard goes in one of the magazine pouches, the two 4 X AA battery boxes in another. The speaker goes in the small tool pouch. There are holes cut in the back of the pouches for the wires from the motherboard to the battery boxes and the speaker, and the microphone jack. There´s also a small hole cut on the side of the pouch with the motherboard in it, for easy access to the volume control knob. I run the wire to the microphone on my headset under my chest plate, where in connects with the jack to the ROM/FX at the back of the pouch. Nice and tidy, just the way I like it.

(Thanks to TD-6213 who supplied the pouch and did all the work!)

I recently got hold of a more accurate canvas pouch, so I´m gonna move the ROM/FX over to that one, soon as I find time for it.

Looks freaking cool Mads :) .

I might do the same.

I have never used my Rom-Fx much :mellow: .

Mostly because i never got my hands in a good mic.

What do you use, if you got a good link, please let me know.

I´m looking for a good head set, whit a mic in front of the mouth.

I guess will use it more, if i good a good head set mic.

(the standard mic, is not working good i think)

Happy to hear you liked it!

Yeah, I also spent a long time looking for a good microphone, must have tried at least 6-7 different models. I currently use this one:

JENSEN JTH-960 BEHIND-THE-NECK HEADSET WITH FLEXI-MIC

(If this link goes dead, search Ebay for "Jensen JTH-960")

...Which is small enough to fit comfortably inside my AP helmet. Fairly cheap, too. I´m pretty happy with it. I recommended it to a fellow trooper in our Garrison a while back, and he seems happy with it as well. However, it has a 2.5mm minijack, so you´ll need a 2.5mm-to-3.5mm adapter to connect it to the ROM/FX - but adapters like that are available at any decent electronics store, and the one I bought cost me about USD $4. Or you can buy them off of Ebay, for even less (search Ebay for "3.5 mm to 2.5 mm", make sure you get the one with a 2.5mm socket and a 3.5mm plug).