Mic setup

Zero4481

Hey guys!

Recently purchased an AKER voice amp with a PTT cable and it works great! My only problem is that it comes with a tiny wire headset that wont stay on my noggin whenever I squeeze into my bucket.

I was thinking about purchasing a throat mic so I can cut down on the things that I have to stuff in the lid, do you guys know of any that would work with little to no rewiring involved? I am not to savvy as far as that stuff goes.

Or would you guys recommend a wireless mic?

Help!

Wireless mic bro, the icomm system works wonders! I own one and its great:

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=8157&pid=109837&st=40entry109837

I will definitely be getting one of Mikes sound cards eventually, he was even the one who i got my aker amp from and has been super helpful!

My problem is with the aker headset itself. It isn't very snug and it falls off every time I cram my head into my bucket.

Do you have any headsets that you would recommend?

You could try the Memorex wireless mic MKA382.

Since it has a wireless transmitir you probably want to hook up an internal bucket system in which you can put in and out your helmet without worrying that the mic will fall out. That's why the icomm system was designed for.

Since it's electronics you could cut the mic in a way that's attached to the inside of the bucket to the transmitir and worry free.

One time I also used the Aker mic to my throat like spec ops use them and was a nice solution too.

Hope this may give you better mic insights and solutions.

;-)

people are always impressed and it sound good to

I am mostly looking for something that will limit the stuff I have to put IN the bucket since there is very little extra room, cramming a transmitter in there won't work.

I will make a stop by radio shack and see if they have any decent one ear microphones that wont fly off when I try and put my helmet on.