MP40 hip and shoulder pouches, is there a difference?

Hello all! Just getting my sandy under way and having a ton of fun reading all your threads! Treasure chest of fun info here, bravo! I've played with leather for my TK holster, was good fun. Would like to make my own ammo pouches as well, thanks for the awesome templates! Can't wait to give it a crack =)

Just had one pressing question before I start though, lol. Is there a difference between the shoulder pouch and the hip pouches? Planning on doing the 3+1 for the shoulder and was just gonna do a 3 with vertical loops on the back for the hip pouches... Would love some insight here.

Thanks all

Right, the shoulder pouch I plan to make is a 3+1 (shoulder pouch plus the tool kit). I've read the threads on canvas vrs leather, I applaud the tenacity of the research, but I think I'll stick with leather. It just looks more like the image I'm trying to recreate.

What I need some light shed on though, is there a difference of structure or style of pouches between the shoulder and hip pouches? Would a 3-1 (or shoulder pouch minus the tool kit) suffice or be acceptable? Or is there a totally different pouch for the hip?

thanks for your help!

the shoulder 1 is made of canvas its an mp38/40 with the tool pouch just google "mp38/40 ammo pouch"

Yeah, the CRL only states:

"Specific ammo pouches. Reproduction or original MP-40 ammo pouches are generally considered canon, made in either canvas or leather. Other acceptable names/designs include Stolla Wien, and the once common “Norwegian” green MP-40 pouches (shown), made in leather. These should be dyed or painted black"

I got alot of raw materials hanging around and I'm ready to start cutting. Just wanted to ge tthe plan straight beforehand. Thanks again =)