some weird troopers in this pic...

woodman

Yeah, this was a promotional picture taken after ANH finished filming. I don't think the organizers quite knew much about the set up of ANH as all the troopers were/are wearing mixed up costumes:

Trooper on the left: He is a TK wearing a TD ab section and holding a TD weapon (MG15)

Trooper next to Vader: He is holding some random blaster! :lol: and has TD sniper knee plate.

Trooper on the right: Again, MG15 and TD sniper knee plate.

This would have been one of those pics that was REALLY cool to see at the time, but all these years later we get to "nit pick" at it - God I LOVE star wars B)

Smally.

It has been discussed in some previous thread that the new ANH-armour that we all are waiting for is one of those troopers in the pic you have posted.

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=7281

I'm quoting TM here from that previous thread:

The armour could be from one of these behind Vader.

Posted Image

The armour started life as a Sandtrooper for sure, but even though we cannot see any ribbed shoulder straps in any of the photos, we can see rivets which suggest they were there to hold the shoulder straps onto the chest.

The strapping is the same as any other screen used armour, with the exception of repair work which is what might be throwing you off.

The belt could be from any trooper. We know the actors grabbed what they could when filming began so the belt could have come from anywhere. It is nice to see that this belt is identified on screen and maybe this is the same armour. We do not see it from the from so it is possibly the same armour.

There is no doubt in my mind that armour and helmet is 100% the real deal. I just hope it is not hidden away and we get to see more of it. This is truly a great find and hopefully the owner will show us more.

Guest Locitus

The odd blaster has been identified time and time again, but people always forget. Not me this time. The last time this was up on FISD troopermaster linked to this image, of a japanese type 96 machinegun.

Posted Image

Yep and then came the Kenner SW figures with the same mishaps as the picPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Yeah, this was a promotional picture taken after ANH finished filming. I don't think the organizers quite knew much about the set up of ANH as all the troopers were/are wearing mixed up costumes:

Trooper on the left: He is a TK wearing a TD ab section and holding a TD weapon (MG15)

Trooper next to Vader: He is holding some random blaster! :lol: and has TD sniper knee plate.

Trooper on the right: Again, MG15 and TD sniper knee plate.

This would have been one of those pics that was REALLY cool to see at the time, but all these years later we get to "nit pick" at it - God I LOVE star wars B)

Smally.