DLT-19/ MG-34 Sling.

I couldn't find anything in the search engine & a quick browse here in this section & the number of pages to go through was rather daunting so I've decided to post instead.

I'm just wondering if there's any particular sling that is used for the DLT-19?

Granted it's not in any of the movie's but is there some sort of standard?

Back in it's day the MG-34 used a brown leather sling during WWII however, due to the weapon being cleaned constantly, usage, weather & environment conditions the sling would become tainted & so eventually appeared black in colour.

Post war the slings were made from a webbing type material with countries that continued to use the MG-34 & MG-42 & later developed so that the sling could be attached to either weapon.

The sling can be divided/ split in to to make a carrying handle running from below the trigger grip, up either side & along the barrel & connected to the forward sling attachment short of the bi-pod so that it could be carried using one arm & at the same time be balanced.

This made carrying the weapon with one arm somewhat comfortable for the gunner.

Sandwiched between the sling and the leather strip was a padding of horsehair along the middle section of the sling, this was to offer a better grip when carried in this manner.

If there's not any particular sling to use if you wish to use a sling with a DLT-19 I plan to purchase a webbing type version so that I can dye it black.

I'm not to fussed about screen accuracy since using a sling on the DLT-19 was never shown but would like to use a correct type version based on the WWII sling.

Here's a link to a website I'm thinking of buying from for the sling.

http://hikishop.net/ww2-german-mg34mg42-...p-485.html

Some questions I do have if anyone does use a sling with the DLT-19

1. Can a sling be attached to a resin type DLT?

2. If you have a resin type DLT-19 is there a chance you can crack your armour due to the weight?

3. Do you need to work out a balance between holding & when slung over your shoulder so in a sense doing both at the same time to juggle the weight so it's not fully all on one part of your armour?

4. Where you connect the sling to the sling attachments, would the weight over time due to wear & tear destroy these parts of the resin moulds if your DLT is made fm resin?

Kind Regards

Jag :)