My first Kit

ECOLI

Hey guys so after some deliberation some trial and error I was able to figure out I can get my hand through them both if I trimmed the edge and sanded it just a bit. Now it fits like a dream and both sides are secured together. The right and left are now finished except for the outer strip I wanted to make them match the biceps so I will cut and put those together before I move on the outer strips. Hold on pics are coming :rolleyes:

sandman I agree with you these had to be the most challenging so far the biceps took half the time to measure correctly and after one cut on each side Voila!!!

Posted Image

Any smaller and the biceps will not go around me. I threw the gauntlets in to show how they went together pretty well too. Still need to make the outer strips.

Oh one thing I had to do was trim that return edge on the biceps it was so severe it was cutting into my skin

Posted Image

Another pic of the bicep

Posted Image

One concern of mine was I was going to have to take some off the pauldron to make the bicep look accurate. I was afraid because the last return edges that I did were a little off and I wanted these to look good. However, after putting the pauldron over the trimmed bicep I think it looks pretty spot on. So I may not change anything, I have looked at pics and they seem to vary depending on trooper but a good reference was to land the end of the pauldron midway on the bicep. I think it did ok what do you guys think?

Posted Image

First of all I must say this:

Coooooooooooooongraaaaaaaaaaaatulations!!! You've nailed nicely done your biceps. They are challenging aren't they?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Yes, I did the same with my biceps, eliminated everything that guillotined my skin.Posted Image

I think the pauldron should fit nicely in proportions with your biceps. If your biceps is correct the pauldron should adjust well.

I'm not sure if you should take off some pauldron works. If your pauldron is from a good seller then, to me it won't need to.

Now, if it's to excessive according to your measures just make sure it's neither to large or to small when putting scissors on.

Got one suggestion, but don't know if it's picture effect or picture reality. I find your shoulder bells way to big. Like I said maybe it's pic angle. If so, because I have a AM kit too, I took 1" off from the bottom according without losing screen accuracy.

For everything else I must Posted Image you as you are doing great work and progress. Keep it on buddy! In a matter of time you will walk the walk and talk the talk at the dunes of Mos Eisley!

Looking good bro! Honestly.

Jajajajajaja! I meant your forearms!

First of all I must say this:

Coooooooooooooongraaaaaaaaaaaatulations!!! You've nailed nicely done your biceps. They are challenging aren't they?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Yes, I did the same with my biceps, eliminated everything that guillotined my skin.Posted Image

I think the pauldron should fit nicely in proportions with your biceps. If your biceps is correct the pauldron should adjust well.

I'm not sure if you should take off some pauldron works. If your pauldron is from a good seller then, to me it won't need to.

Now, if it's to excessive according to your measures just make sure it's neither to large or to small when putting scissors on.

Got one suggestion, but don't know if it's picture effect or picture reality. I find your shoulder bells way to big. Like I said maybe it's pic angle. If so, because I have a AM kit too, I took 1" off from the bottom according without losing screen accuracy.

For everything else I must Posted Image you as you are doing great work and progress. Keep it on buddy! In a matter of time you will walk the walk and talk the talk at the dunes of Mos Eisley!

Looking good bro! Honestly.

Looking good bro.

You can always take a bit more of the biceps' return edge if it hurts. I guess you have done that already anyway...

About the pauldron... do you mean the pauldron as the orange bike protector we use as a shoulder rank indicator? Or do you mean the shoulder bells made of white plastic?

Sorry bro, I am confused a bit... hehehe...

Anyway.

The shoulder bells look great, and the pauldron should be no problem if you get one from any of the more accurate makers like Trooper1 or TKboots.

You are doing great.

Saludos

Looking good bro.

You can always take a bit more of the biceps' return edge if it hurts. I guess you have done that already anyway...

About the pauldron... do you mean the pauldron as the orange bike protector we use as a shoulder rank indicator? Or do you mean the shoulder bells made of white plastic?

Sorry bro, I am confused a bit... hehehe...

Anyway.

The shoulder bells look great, and the pauldron should be no problem if you get one from any of the more accurate makers like Trooper1 or TKboots.

You are doing great.

Saludos

Hey,

Sorry about the confusion I am use to dealing with actual medieval armor. Yes the shoulder bell to me looks pretty close without any trimming so I am not going to touch it. The next step is to close the biceps and put the trimmings on all pieces.

That is actually a pretty good idea thanks for the tweaking the right one feels really good in place but the left may need a little more trimming come to think about it. I am excited to finish these pieces off an move to the legs. After seeing how it goes together with the forearms I feel ready to tackle the legs with some confidence. I agree those forearms were pretty tough to get right. I am glad I had you guys to give pointers. Cut once after measuring a hundred times.HAHAHA

Great Ecoli that's the way to go and we are here for you bro. Count on it!

Now as for the legs go the trick is the same as the arms, make sure to have a comfortable flex with a funnel a snug fit avoiding as much as you can for pinching limbs between shins and thighs.

Have fun in the build as you are doing great and anything you need seek for as at the cantina. Jajajajajajajajaja!