My helmet weathering

Quebectrooper

Hey Pat. I think it's a good start. Try and get more dirt in the nooks and crannies (the valley where the cheek tube meets the face, inside the tear ducts, under the brow, on the face where the ear meets it, both mic tip sockets, the vocoder lip, etc.) I tend to get more dirt in these areas, then take paint only off the high spots. Right now, I find the areas around the lenses, the under brow and a few spots a bit clean.

Keep in mind that dirt will tend to settle in valleys, and the underside of anything (even under the sides of the cheek tubes, etc.). I would add a little more dirt, and try not to have large sections of "clean" areas, only make the high spots clean.

Good luck!

• 3 months later...

Hey I got a quick Question. I am about to put my bucket together and I was wondering if I do the weathering before or after I put the decals on? If it is after should the decals stay on when I weather the helmet?

Better than decals, paint is a better option.

Either way weathering should come after the decals or paint job has been done.

The results are way much better.

Posted Image

Hey I got a quick Question. I am about to put my bucket together and I was wondering if I do the weathering before or after I put the decals on? If it is after should the decals stay on when I weather the helmet?