Best sling for T-21?

A couple of weeks ago someone asked for visual references for how to correctly mount the enfield sling to the T-21. Also, what color should we choose come up...

I have always thought that the correct color was tan, but then checked deeper into my references and found this:

post-1761-082040300 1299785073_thumb.jpg

And specially this:

post-1761-037490600 1299785076_thumb.jpg

So, it looks to me that the correct color might not be tan, but olive green.

I was about to purchase my enfield sling for an upcoming t21 project and was curious to find if there were actually green enfield slings, which I couldn't find. But then, I found this:

post-1761-063113200 1299785508_thumb.jpg

Check this Link for better reference.

So now I face the dilema, should I get tan or green?

But even more important... is the enfield sling the wrong choice for the T21???

What about this British F.A.L Rifle slings?

They don't look as beat up as vintage Enfield slings, but they do look the same general structure and build. Just green.

So... tan or green would it be for T21?

What do you think?

Saudos

• 1 month later...

So I just ordered a green sling to use it along with my tan sling... The thing is that I think based on the picture that the green sling will be new, all shinny and crispy. But the tan one is a WWII era sling, so it is old and soft and dirty.

I wanted to ask if anyone has an idea of how to weather and age the new sling?

It has not arrived yet and my T21 is not done either, just want to start researching.

:D

Any help will be awesome.

Saludos

• 1 month later...

I bet they used both green, tan...put them together quickly...never thinking guys like us would pay so much attention to detail :P I ordered two tan as they where on sale last week for $6 each IMA

I run two tans slings as well. I just don't like the look of the mixed colors for my personal costume lol. I am sure it was whatever they had on hand to make it work at the time, they had no idea what crazy folk would be doing 30 years later lol!!

Posted Image

in looking these picture no doubt, tan color on the top and olive color on the down.

how nobody seen this before lol!! i will need to buy another one color ;)

have you good link another of IMA? i think i can find this on the bay, what is the good price for one sling?

I got both of mine from this ebay seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRITISH-ENFIELD-RIFLE-SLING-GREEN-/250817369155?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a65e15443

The auction listings are a little cheaper than the buy it now listings.

the price is good but shipping is a bit expensive, it will be better if i can find it in UK or Germany, i will search.