ROTJ-sorry-but had to show :-) a great lid

tk7713gra30

Hi all

Got this great lid today from Andy ( and Joe-R)

Posted Image

Posted Image

I was tempted to leave as is, as I love the abs colour, looks like it has aged.

But, after seeing the thread from Keith, I decided to go all the way.

It is a fab lid, having owned somehing like 20 normal :-) it is a refreshing change, and on its own looks quite pleasing to the eye.

It's only when you put it next to a normal lid you see the difference, and it is that I love

Posted Image

I started by removing the rivets, ussng a small drill and adding screws, sorry no pics.

The frown and ears will be stripped with alcohol and the decals will be saved on plastic card, I will glue them on next with a little help from the hair dryer.

Posted Image

Posted Image

RED IS CHERRY COLA BOTTLE UNDER EYES

They are great quality, just hard fitting to a wonky helmet, if you know the ROTJ lids :-)

I did have a small dip in the left side temple, accurate to many lids I am sure but I wanted to go pleasing to the eye.

I very very carefully heated over a stove and pushed it out a little more.

I heated on gas, very very gradually and now that is ok.

The ears will be fited better and I will paint as Keith did, I have done that on my Vaders and I love that bit.

Paint, sand, polish.an easy night in front of the TV

There is a shallow left mic area but I think I can get away with that, or I do have something up my sleeve to make it better at worse.

In all A GREAT LID, ANDY IS A DIAMOND as is Joe R

Will keep you posted

Now I DO love ROTJ

This is the lid next to my recently finished Sandy ( the red and yellow one), by the same maker.

Posted Image

2 GREAT LIDS

:-)

Gra

Joe R and Andy

Having looked at this next to my Sandy can you plase PM me

Cheers guys

Just considering should I paint or not as this was one of the first tests, I lke it the off colour, if I paint will I get one like this ever again :-)

Cheers to all

gra

gra

Youre a very lucky boy Gra! Great job on the build there too.

I'm still considering if I want a ROTJ helmet in my collection.... I think yes! :D

So how many out of the 20 do you still have?

Smally.

Youre a very lucky boy Gra! Great job on the build there too.

I'm still considering if I want a ROTJ helmet in my collection.... I think yes! :D

So how many out of the 20 do you still have?

Smally.

I started with Skywalker (1) and then went FX ( crap) got serious with a Fallano hero ( this was all 10 yrs ago plus), got number 98 SDS, then hero and battle spec, TE, RT x3(and moulds)

I sold all of them except the moulds

Now have

TM, SDS, MFX, ROTJ, TBits HDPE, AP and waiting on VT

Posted ImagePosted Image

Also have MR in loft

Awesome mate! I really want a TE and am interested in the VT too (but after reading your post about TE, and other stuff that I've heard about him, I would only by one second hand).

I've had to thin out my collection for another project so the only trooper I have now are TM and TE2.... but man do they both rock!

LMK if you ever consider selling any buddy ;)

Smally.