budget mic tips, feedback needed on items

tk7713gra30

Hi all,

Well thanks to my wife, and the kitchen being down a sieve, I found a softer mesh.

Please let me know what you think. I just need feedback on the tips themselves and price.

Posted Image

I will post these in the ongoing sales section as soon as I get some more cast and some more mesh from the market and see if there is an interest,I will make a list up then, think I can do them £3.50 a pair.

They will be posted as Budget Tips for sale and the run number if you want to keep an eye out

As mentioned they are meant to be a budget alternative. but I think better than a lot of tips and a good starter before upgrading. They are Hovi casts.

I used 2 part epoxy glue to glue a flat head screw to the back. When dry I attached a felt pad with a hole drilled, to the inside of the helmet and screwed, its very strong.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I wanted to avoid drilling as the back is not that thick due to using a proper hovi and a 1 piece mould.

A screw could be added inside but I would have to drill the hole before adding the mesh and it looks a bit unsightly, the screw method should hold really well but would be great to hear your views and others.

Here they are in one of my lids.

Posted Image

All the best

graham

i feel bad posting this after your genorosity but i did forget to mention it,

if you are planning to send these as completed items ie painted with mesh, it might be worth you looking into painting the inside of the Mic tips before adding the mesh

a very minor flaw to what are great Mic Tips :D

i feel bad posting this after your genorosity but i did forget to mention it,

if you are planning to send these as completed items ie painted with mesh, it might be worth you looking into painting the inside of the Mic tips before adding the mesh

a very minor flaw to what are great Mic Tips :D

Hi mate,

No probs and I am all for making them as best I can.

They are painted white inside as I thought that was as the originals, the resin is cream coloured.

Should they be black inside or have I missed something, please give any advice you can.

It may just be that I needed to add a bit thicker coat of white

I know some of the original sandys looked like they had black tips inside but I thought most were white.

looking at them this could be the case as I sprayed them white first and masked them for the black, the white may not have coated as opaque at the bottom.

If its the white you mean I fully understand what you mean :-)but please advise

Posted Image

All the best mate and as I said I am up for as much info as possible

I'm looking at sculpting a nipple fo the inside next that can be inserted if wished, should't be too hard to do.

Kind regards

Graham

i feel even worse now for posting my above comment because it seems your right, ive had a look and indeed some were white inside and some much darker so please just ignore me Sir :6:

ive been out of this hobby for such a long time and it seems i still have a lot of catching up to do :wacko: