What's the best sound system?

Opfor

Hi Guys,

Looking to join the 501st as a sandtrooper, currently in the process of building the costume now. Wanted to know what the best voice sound system is to use for a sandtrooper? I've heard of skullworx and then I've heard talk about the Aker voice system. What do most troopers prefer when it comes to the most realistic speaker system?

Thanks

The Aker amps are great. Very loud, compact and low cost. They are made up of a mic, the amp / speaker unit and a charger.

RomFX is also popular. It's available in several packages and combinations (sound board / amp, speaker can be separate, mic separate) or sold as a combo package. They are from the UK and very popular over there. The RomFX has the capability to "change" your voice, through a variety of options on the board. The amplification is not as loud as the Aker, but now you "sound" more like a sandtrooper because there's the clicks / static burst at the end when you talk, etc.

The best of both worlds is to combine the RomFX with the amplification of the Aker amp. Think this the best current option.

Hyperdyne also makes some elaborate and expensive sound cards. My friend has their Vader setup, and it sounds great.

Which type Aker is preferred? Does the wire running from the mic to the speaker cause any issues or are they wireless? Really like the idea of the static burst. Do the skullworx not sound as good?

Which type Aker is preferred? Does the wire running from the mic to the speaker cause any issues or are they wireless? Really like the idea of the static burst. Do the skullworx not sound as good?

the mr1506 is the aker amp that is most preferred because its loud and very compact so it fits in your armor easily i have the push to talk cables so i can choose when to use my amp i also got the wireless headset so i dont have wires running from my chest to my neck the wires dont cause any problems for me. honestly cant say anything about skullworx because i only know one guy who use to use it but i havnt heard many good or bad things. aker and romfx combo is the way to go in my opinion

the mr1506 is the aker amp that is most preferred because its loud and very compact so it fits in your armor easily i have the push to talk cables so i can choose when to use my amp i also got the wireless headset so i dont have wires running from my chest to my neck the wires dont cause any problems for me. honestly cant say anything about skullworx because i only know one guy who use to use it but i havnt heard many good or bad things. aker and romfx combo is the way to go in my opinion

Does the wireless headset come with or is that an addition? If so what brand and model do you recommend on that?

The Romfx website says that the unit comes with a speaker, if this is the case why would you need the aker system in addition to?

you only buy the raw board the amp they provide isnt as good as the aker amp jim sells the wireless headset with the amp i think i payed 108 for the amp push to talk cables and the wireless headset

you only buy the raw board the amp they provide isnt as good as the aker amp jim sells the wireless headset with the amp i think i payed 108 for the amp push to talk cables and the wireless headset

I did see a classic and a pro version for the Romfx. Basically avoid these and get the basic board.

Who is Jim, I'm currently looking on ebay at the Aker systems, sell for around 55 dollars.