Help with ATA build.

BFUK

Hey guys, new to MEPD but not new to costuming and props, no doubt some of you guys will know me already, but for those who don't, Hello.

OK, so I am into an ATA TD build. I have built up the legs and one arm so far, and done some trimming work on the rest. Now my question is this, I built up the right thigh, butt jointed with internal shim, but part of it does not seem to fit as i expected, here is the offending issue. How should it be dealt with?

Posted Image

Here are the other parts I have built too.

Posted Image

Those areas can be fixed / molded for a better alignment using a "heat sealing iron" used for sealing RC airplane wings. You can get them at hobby shops.

Here's 2 threads where I've done some forming to edges to make the parts match up better on various armor builds.

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=8811

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=10434

OK, big thanks brothers. Was just wanting to check the detail, what with it being there. No I know it need not be I will tidy it up.

I need to have this suit ready and cleared for the end of September, so I will keep you posted on my progress. The lid is pretty much finished now, as it the majority of the fitting together, on to the detail work and adding the covering strips.

Rob.

It depends on how "screen accurate" you want to be. The screen used suits didn't have the cover strip going all the way to the end like that. It normally stops before it reaches that transition, like this.

Posted Image

I don't think this will stop anyone from being approved for the 501st legion or MEPD Deployed, but that's up the person doing the approvals. It's a small detail, but most people try to assemble it to match the films.