SW in Concert: Raleigh, NC

Boklast

Well Brothers, I finally trooped my first event in TD!!

Star Wars in Concert came to Raleigh, NC and had 2 shows - matinee & evening. I was the only TD for the first show. There were 2 of us for the second.

We were swamped by the public! Especially Chris Bartlett (TK-409) who wore his C-3PO. If you have never sent it, it is a show stopper!

I had previously modded my backpack straps (since being Deployed) and added velcro to the backplate & pack, so everything was lined up and correct height. Only 1 malfunction: I am using a snap to hold my shoulder ammo pouch on.... and it popped off twice. The action shots with the T-21 did it! :lol: I am going to come up with another way to attach it.

My take-homes from the event:

1) Girls love Sandtroopers (including LFL crew). ;)

2) My shoulders (top and bottom) are really sore.

3) No one saw my pack (My back was to the wall the whole time. I did try to sneak in a few sideway poses with people just to give it some visibility!). :lol:

Yeah, everyone was crazy for the TD for sure!

Here is one of me I found posted on a local channel's website:

Posted Image

Here's one of Chris Bartlett & the Carolina Garrison R2:

Posted Image

I watched the first show. It was awesome! The footage was in hi def, so everything looked incredible! There were little details I have never seen in ANH that came across! When the Blu Rays come out people's minds are going to be blown! I can't wait to see the Mos Eisley scenes!!

At the same time, it really shows how thrown together ANH was. Vader's helmet looks very rough and the TK's that take blaster shots have different color chest plates! They are bright white compared to the rest of the armor. They have also replaced muppet Yoda in TPM with a digital version!

I watched the first show. It was awesome! The footage was in hi def, so everything looked incredible! There were little details I have never seen in ANH that came across! When the Blu Rays come out people's minds are going to be blown! I can't wait to see the Mos Eisley scenes!!

At the same time, it really shows how thrown together ANH was. Vader's helmet looks very rough and the TK's that take blaster shots have different color chest plates! They are bright white compared to the rest of the armor. They have also replaced muppet Yoda in TPM with a digital version!

Oh yeah, the blue rays should be amazing. I don't agree with uncle George's use of CGI. I think that the realistic, gritty nature of the costumes and sets used in the original trilogy are part of what made those movies so great. The muppet version of Yoda has so much more presence and character than the CGI version that was used in the new movies. Just my opinion though. :)

really cool, and it was a great event for the first time in TD :D

have you another pics, it will be cool.

The pics are slowly trickling out. Here is an elevator shot. Darn my long legs!! At least the black only shows a lot on the back of them... I'm sparing you guys from the TK pics. :lol:

Posted Image