Sandtroopers get star treatment in NY

TD1009

Few days back, Lucasarts flew a bunch of 501st members out to NY and put them along with a load of locals up in a hotel for the Digital Life Convention. News article.

Matt Moews (TD-4120) and I (TK-1009) went along as Sandtroopers, is this the first time an official Lucas event has allowed dirty Sandtroopers? More than just allowed, the PR firm handling it had us front and center every opportunity they could. I'm the orange pauldron TD on the right leading the entire contingent into the official press conference. On the CBS Early show I was grabbed from the rear to be in the front row (right side) while Matt was on screen the whole time directly behind the interview. At the convention we were being grabbed by PR folks to be the backdrop of interviews all day, Matt was even involved in 4 live TV spots throughout the day.

It was a great troop, meeting many good blokes from other garrisons and getting to hang out in NY despite the rain. It was also good to be, along with the clones and Vader, the most sought after because we were dirty troopers. After this, recruiting new true TD's to Tyranus for our all TD squad has been easier.

Thanks to the troopers whose great pictures I'm borrowing for this post.

Lucasfilm is all about the Clonetroopers and all the Clonetroopers are dirty and most have pauldrons and pouches. Look at the recent Hasbro evolutions figure pack (I saw it at the Times Square TRU) Sandtroopers are the closest relation to Clonetroopers. It's my thinking this is why they are cool with dirty troopers now.

Plus we just do look so much better than those Death Star armor polishing pansies.