Mounting the shoulder pouch??

I realize that in some troops, the backpack is just going to be too big or awkward and I may not want to use it. We had one last weekend with a TON of children and in pretty tight quarters, I was realizing fast that a pack in that troop, would have been difficult.

I plan to attach my shoulder pouch to my pack shoulder strap but what should I do for troops when I don't use the pack??

I have looked around for ideas but it's pretty vague and once again, I was curious what some of you guys have come up with as a solution here. How do you mount your shoulder pouches when you are not using your back pack???

Thanks

-Seann

Well... if you want to be strictly screen accurate, when you don't use the Backpack you should not use the shoulder pouch, as it is attached to the pack.

Anyway, a solution for wearing the shoulder pouch without a pack could be having a canvas or leather loop running around your shoulder (alas a backpack shoulder strap), and attach the pouch to it. You might want to fix the loop to the armors shoulder or shoulder belt straps, as otherwise the weight of the pouch will make it go down all the time.

You can also run a strap around your neck (besides the one around the shoulder), this could prevent the pouch to running down. This method has been used by many TDs in the Legion for some time now. I dont have a picture of this system but I think Mike H invented it. Or am I wrong?

Does anybody has a better solution or a reference pict?

Hope it helps...

Saludos.

I did a really simple conversion: I hook the pouch on the chest-piece itself, using a "electricians strip" (not sure what the English term for it is...).

Basically, I cut some holes on the back of the pouch, slide the strip in, and secure it. But not to tight. Then, before I put on the chest piece, I just slide the pouch onto it at the right spot.

Don't have any pics, but I'll try to get some taken at the next event.

I did a really simple conversion: I hook the pouch on the chest-piece itself, using a "electricians strip" (not sure what the English term for it is...).

Basically, I cut some holes on the back of the pouch, slide the strip in, and secure it. But not to tight. Then, before I put on the chest piece, I just slide the pouch onto it at the right spot.

Don't have any pics, but I'll try to get some taken at the next event.

So what you're saying is you slid the dohicky through the dillywoper that was made from watchahaza?