imperial 'miranda rights'

xeroroskk

its a slightly odd story on how i spoofed the police miranda rights at the last second for a role play thread

i was role playing in a star wars rpg forum as a bounty hunter who was trying to collect on a very 'troublesome' smuggler character who had a big bounty of 56,000 imperial credits

any way, i go to try to arrest him and as i approach this han solo sort of character(it was even more ironic that i had based my BH character on fett) and i wrote up this for my BH chara to say:

'skip lone, you are wanted by the Empire for numerous imperial crimes, and have a 56,000 credit bounty........

you have the right to remain silent, anything you say or do, can and will be used against you in an Imperial court of law. you may have any imperial attourny of your choosing, if you cannot afford one, an Imperial attourny will be appointed to you......im now placing you under arrest......'

and then some jedi innterrups me for bounty hunters licenses and permits up the axx, and skip gets away..... anyway, enjoy

heres a blank version..sorta

(full name/ alias), you are( wanted by the Empire/ under arrest )for (numerous imperial crimes, /and have a *X-number* credit bounty/ - if under 7-10 crimes, list the offenders crimes-)

you have the right to remain silent, anything you say or do, can and will be used against you in an Imperial court of law. you may have any imperial attourny of your choosing, if you cannot afford one, an Imperial attourny will be appointed to you......im now placing you under arrest......' *put the cuffs on the rebel scum*

if this isnt totally correct, feel free to post a more complete varation.....

Interesting spoof assuming there's a recognition of civil rights in the Empire! Most of what I've read, the troopers dispense with any legal niceties and just haul you off or worse. In 'Ruins of Dantooine' they arrested an Ithorian on trumped up charges and executed him on the spot. An imp's work is never done!