New AP build

Jonboy2312

Well, the time has finally come - my self-sculpted fiberglass armor is now officially retired. It has served me well for the past two years and earned me my Deployed status in the MEPD.

Just last Thursday I've gotten my box of goodies from Authentic Props and went to work on it right away.

Voila, here's a near-complete preview, held in place with nothing but tape and the Will of the Force (tailoring stores are closed on labor Day, so I couldn't get my velcros, argh!!!). The thighs are not suspended at all, so don't mind them ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I botched the right thigh pretty bad - it turned out very late-FX-ish... i fixed that right away, though, and now it tapers down nicely. I still need to trim off the edges of the shins (the sponge in my left shin was to stop it from biting me real bad, LOL

Here's the lid itself - a beautiful pull! I absolutely LOVE it :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sorry about the ESB lighting on an ANH helmet, I couldn't resist playing with my strobes a bit, LOL

AP is fabulous... i enjoyed every bit of assembling it (except having to open and redo the right thigh, but it was my fault) and I absolutely love how it looks. Sharp and detailed, and yet tough as nails. I just can't wait to troop in it :)

So... any thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions? Anything else I botched and should fix? I don't mind putting more work into it, it's a pleasure to work on a great kit like this :)

I think you looked great bro! :duim:

I know about the thigh,got an AP too,and i got a healthy thigh to dealt with too,and its hard not to make it not pinch when walking :lol:

My small suggest is the ab buttons,it should be only 3 buttons instead of 4. I dont know about frown screen,should they exist or not,but on the film it doesnt exist

Humans are hard to be satisfied,you'll be more experimenting your wethering,you would think to upgrading your pack to be more accurate,your thought for putting more details on your BFG,paint chips,etc...........you'll get your work :lol:

Oh I'll definitely be putting a mesh behind the grille. That, and a layer of mirror window ting behind the green visor acetate. I absolutely hate it when eyes show in photos - and it happens EVERY TIME when flash is used straight-on.

I'll also install my microphone in there... But for now, I need to finish the strapping system :)

Jonboy, my boy, you look amazing in the new kit! Great job.

I am already looking forward to trooping with you in your new kit in the near future.

I think the two of us trooping together would be quite impresive if I do say so.

All the best for now.

Luke

TD-7174

Looks great, that is one nice helmet as well!

Thanks for the kind words, guys! :)

I've been working on little details here and there again, and changed the weathering on the helmet.

Posted Image

Luke, I'm looking forward to trooping with you again :) Any chance you might show up at ToyCon?

Almost done! I forgot to weather the handplates for the shots, but that's corrected now :)

I think I'll do a tiny little bit of shaving/trimming on the upper corners of the kidney plate, as they tend to bite my ribs rather painfully.

I'm also thinking of installing elastics connecting the corners of the butt plate to the kidney plate, so that the gap is kept smaller and the buttplate corners won't stick out so much.

Other than that, I think I'm done :)

Here are some hi-res shots next to the old armor... it's a world of a difference, I'd say :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image