Fuller's Earth - local places to get it?

Talesin

I've just finished painting my armour and ready to weather it. I have an event at the end of the week and kinda presumed that Fuller's earth was something I would find at the local hobby shops. Apparently that was wrong.

I've read somewhere that this could be available at hardware stores, but Lowes didn't know anything of it. Maybe it goes under another name?

I'm also up in Canada, near Toronto if it makes any difference.

I've just finished painting my armour and ready to weather it. I have an event at the end of the week and kinda presumed that Fuller's earth was something I would find at the local hobby shops. Apparently that was wrong.

I've read somewhere that this could be available at hardware stores, but Lowes didn't know anything of it. Maybe it goes under another name?

I'm also up in Canada, near Toronto if it makes any difference.

I used this stuff in the British army, it is also called D.K.P. one, Used for NBC warfare to decontaminate your personal kit comes in small puffer bottles,,Try an army surplus shop or just have a look on eBay for it, cost no more than 50p per bottle...

Hope that helps you mate good luck B)

Hi & welcome, I'm from T.O. as well & a newbie.

I take it you mean Polaris this past weekend. I trooped there for a couple of hours on the Saturday, nothing like Fan Expo.

I understand there are a couple of substitutes if you can't get the fuller's earth you might want to consider.

Model railroad shops have earth tone "powders" for when they make their landscapes & I understand that the fine dust from the bottom of a bag of clay-based kitty litter can also be used as a replacement for the fuller's earth.

Hope this helps a bit!

Luke

TD-7174