It has been a while!

Hey there all you Sandies!

I have been away for a while taking care of life stuff. I posted on here a long time ago about wanting to become a Sandtrooper, but I have no idea where that thread it. I think it was from a year or so ago. So here I am again ;) So please bear with me.

My interest has grown since last time I was on here. Last year, I got to meet Anthony Forrest for the first time! This guy is a riot!! He sat at our 501st table during Fan Expo and signed autographs the whole time! Awesome guy! While he was there, I kept looking at all the promo stuff he had on display. So it got me thinking about doing this costume.

But then I said to myself....Self, how would you look in Sandtrooper armor? Would it fit right and look good? I asked myself these very important questions because, first, I am 6'4. And second, I am around 280, but not a fat 280, just big boned.

So, I would like to know...are there any other troops in my position? How does the armor look on you? Any chance of posting some pics? I know I probably shouldn't ask, but what armor would work best for my size? I want to to look good, not goofy.

I am really interested in doing this costume. Any help, advice and such will be VERY helpful!

Thanks a million! Troop on!

Elijah - SL-1922

If you want to look at different armor you might want to check the starwarshelmets.com site. Not sure if there are any descriptions of sizes there though. I think the FX armor might be the biggest one, but then again i have no first hand experience, so hopefully someone wiser than me can chime in. Good luck!

If you want to look at different armor you might want to check the starwarshelmets.com site. Not sure if there are any descriptions of sizes there though. I think the FX armor might be the biggest one, but then again i have no first hand experience, so hopefully someone wiser than me can chime in. Good luck!

Thanks for the tips Nico! My other problem I think will be to try and find a bucket that will fit my fat head! Not sure what is bigger, and looks accurate. I know there are a lot of good people here with excellent intel I can get from them ;)

I am new here, but you may want to look into RT. It is bigger than FX and more accurate for a fan made. I realize there will still be shimming invilved (I think the ht wt is6'5" 265) but not as much as rt.

I have some comparrison pics, I will dig them up and post them. I hope I am not out of line for suggesting being this is my first post.

Boozel

ok first is ab section.

RT left side FX right

Posted Image

Back

RT left FX right

Posted Image

Shins

RT top FX bottom

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thigh Comparison

(note: the FX has a 1" strip added to make it wider, the RT is stock)

RT on Bottom FX on top

Posted Image

another RT on Top now...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fore Arms

RT on Left FX on right

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I wouldnt see why not, I think Rob pulls TK and TD. the bucket comparison is ...well...you know..lol

this is my first RT bucket (bad pull, and needed eyes reshaped) compared to my old FX bucket..for size comp. I have a 7 5/8" hat size, so big noggin, fits me

Posted Image

Current RT.. old pic, has Stomper Hovi's now

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image