ANH Vader LID Qs

Pappy

Hello everyone!

Just bought this assembled(not arrive yet though) all pics is still the previous owner's ones(aint arrived yet but i want to know what im up against :lol: ).....BTW for anyone who reckoned it,its sgtFang's Vader kit finished by Dann an RPF member

Theres some however i ask about the accuracies,one thing i straight poped in mind is the lid's 'center line' that is too 'fat' i think,and the inner lid area is not 'crude'

Im no vader expert,but i want to make this one a decent portrait of vader in my room(hope in a proper prop room one day-TATOOINE STYLE!! :P ),and maybe for long term plan i want to re-do some of the innaccuracies(its all brush painted btw),i cant put a lot of questions towards Dann because i think he's busy all the time

Thanks...all help and input are most welcome

Pics:

UNFINISHEDPosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

FINISHEDPosted Image Posted Image

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1261...mp;id=725879381>>sorry :D photobucket is full

Hello everyone!

Just bought this assembled(not arrive yet though) all pics is still the previous owner's ones(aint arrived yet but i want to know what im up against :lol: ).....BTW for anyone who reckoned it,its sgtFang's Vader kit finished by Dann an RPF member

Theres some however i ask about the accuracies,one thing i straight poped in mind is the lid's 'center line' that is too 'fat' i think,and the inner lid area is not 'crude'

Im no vader expert,but i want to make this one a decent portrait of vader in my room(hope in a proper prop room one day-TATOOINE STYLE!! :P ),and maybe for long term plan i want to re-do some of the innaccuracies(its all brush painted btw),i cant put a lot of questions towards Dann because i think he's busy all the time

Thanks...all help and input are most welcome

Pics:

UNFINISHEDPosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

FINISHEDPosted Image Posted Image

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1261...mp;id=725879381>>sorry :D photobucket is full

There are a ton of in inaccuracies to this helmet. Over all it is a nice lid Reminds me of the GH helmet a lot. I could point out a few but all and all it is what it is and to add the details would take a bit of work to an already well painted helmet.

Thanks POOP,yeah im sure is,but its better to keep it here,too many forums can make dizzy :lol:

GZ hey thanks,its already had a bump that need to be fixed on the lid though so i think why not doing another 'make-up',theres WIP thread on this so it should help a lot about the paint B)http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=429...t=sgtfang+vader

I dont know if theres a ton flaws because im not exactly an expert on SW....that include vader helmet,but i think why not fix the most reckoned spots of innacuracies(or spots that only need minor work),and if pointed all of the innacuracies i'll be more greatful of just knowing :) maybe re-doing again in the future

Posted Image

MY FAVORITE SHOT>>at least/hope i can make it close enough ^_^

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

The SgtFang helmet is of the Jeff style helmet family. Altered from an original, so to reverse engineer it you'll need skill, patience and a flair for the various details that make up an accurate Vader. Personally, I wouldn't bother, because once you start... there's just too much that needs to be corrected, not to mention getting a whole new dome for the helmet and then not even knowing if any other dome will fit and look good with the faceplate.

This style of helmet is pretty much like the Rubies Supreme in terms of inaccuracies. There's so much that needs to be done to it and it'll end up costing you the same as an accurate styled helmet, so for accuracy, this is not a helmet to get.

However, it is a nice helmet, and nicely finished and I would think leaving it "as is" would be better than to frustrate yourself with a task that will eat up a lot of hours and money to get it right.

Sorry to be a downer... but with these things, you get what you pay for.

Hey thanks :lol:

I agree,too much labour for that,but since it had a bump on right side of the dome that need to be fixed why not make up some(not all innacuracies) minor flaws like the center line on the dome like i mentioned before :)

I would like to leave it as is too but...since it had that bump(crack),so.......

Hey thanks :lol:

I agree,too much labour for that,but since it had a bump on right side of the dome that need to be fixed why not make up some(not all innacuracies) minor flaws like the center line on the dome like i mentioned before :)

I would like to leave it as is too but...since it had that bump(crack),so.......

Well... sure... you can fix the center ridge... and I agree, it looks way too wide - just like the old Fyberdyne helmets. Should be easy to make it narrower, since you are gonna work on the dome anyway.