To Rivet or Not

nice-biscuit

I have just gone through the reference I have, as I am trying to find images of how the stomach plate is connected to the the back plate. Their is good reference that the TK's are riveted to the left side in three place and a silver connecting popper to the right, but I can't find definitive proof that the TD's are done like this. Any thoughts??

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I belief that most of the TK, and TD´s was rivet 3 times on the left side.

The right was open, and hold together whit the canvas belt.

Posted Image

I have only seen one TD, have the silver dot in the upper corner (the DLT-19 Captain).

Plus Han Solo as TK, on the death star.

Posted Image

Cheers :)

I belief that most of the TK, and TD´s was rivet 3 times on the left side.

The right was open, and hold together whit the canvas belt.

That's what I thought, but I can't find any reference of this connected to TD only TK's. I don't have a huge amount of photo reference compared to some. aybe the weathering just covers it.

That's what I thought, but I can't find any reference of this connected to TD only TK's. I don't have a huge amount of photo reference compared to some. aybe the weathering just covers it.

Copy that :) .

I have only seen the metal dot in the corner, on the DLT-19 dok 19.

But i guess, most of the TD´s have the 3 rivets on the left side belly plate connect to the kidney.

Here is a few (not the best pic).

Left:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here a few from the right, it looks like many of the TD´s are lock up both left/right.

But i´m not sure, maybe they are just slim.

Right:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Left side is held together with three elastic straps that are riveted to the adbomin and kindey plates. The right side has an elastic strap glued to the kidney plate and then snapped to a popper on the abdomin.

I think all the suits were assembled the same initially. Then, modifications in the way of gaffer tape came along :lol:

TM's strapping system is on the archived discussion section,I also believe they used the same method,but covered with weathering and...........gaffers tape :lol:

Thanks a lot for that pictures TM :) i'll be doing the same for mine

Nice to know the details. There is certainly alot of reference for the gaffer tape :lol:

Nice to know they have that in outer space. I wish there was one definitive picture pointing to the Rivets on a TD rather than a TK. I am sure they were constructed in the same way but there are differences in the two.

Great pictures.

TM's strapping system is on the archived discussion section,I also believe they used the same method,but covered with weathering and...........gaffers tape :lol:

Thanks a lot for that pictures TM :) i'll be doing the same for mine

Could you post a link to the topic.

thanks buddy :)

No,its not the original armor but made the strap system(as we know at the time) like it :)

Yes ribbed shoulder straps arent for sandtroopers

Yes they stick Ab-plate with buttons for TK's on TD's 'standard' Ab-plate on the originals :)