Not quite an application for deployment...

But I am throwing the feelers out there. Here are my pics of me and my armor. I know the backpack is not up to snuff just yet. I bought it that way and am working on it. I just placed an order with Charlie for the parts I need to make it look right (already purchased and assembled his radio kit yesterday but won't attach it until my new parts arrive...that thing is great!). My question is will I be eligible for deployment assuming I take care of the backpack issue? I have on order the following:

1. Seed trays (my present pack only has halves...they are just single trays on the frame and not the "sandwiched" (for lack of a better word) two trays top and bottom.

2. Mortar tube end caps and control

3. New faucet cover and stinger

4. New upper tool box

5. Vintage tupperware parfait/dessert cups for the tops of the bottles (I will have 2 not just the one pictured).

6. Vintage tupperware pitcher lid for the mortar tube.

My armor is FX type with RT-mod thighs (still had to shim them though...I'm 6'2 and 230 so I'm a big boy) and an AP helmet. I have a canvas belt made by GundamZeppelin and pleather shoulder straps. I "stripped" (for lack of a better term) the seams on the fronts of the thighs, calves, and forearms (ala TE, TE2, TM, and AP armor). My armor is weathered out of rattle cans using Rustoleum Camo black, Earth brown, and khaki and mixed and smeared and removed with straight acetone. I have the Mark Cheng style boots that I got off the guy that replaced Cheng (hey...he made them in a 13!). I originally bought this costume complete from another trooper on this forum but the accuracy bug hit me and I reworked and re-weathered it as best I could to fit my frame (still working on the backpack).

Assuming I take care of the backpack (the parts are on order btw), would my armor and T-21 get me deployed status? Here are my pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hmm...looking at these pics makes me realize I need to move my pouch on my belt to the other side. Any other suggestions?

Definately on the right track here!!

What you say about the pouch can be done, but you could also buy another one.. B)

You also need to modify the ab-plate, TD's got 3 buttons instead of 4.

I can't quite see what kind of shoulder straps you got there bro', but if they are still of plastic replace them by canvas ones.

The pack also needs some work but you can find alot of tips and trics over here on the boards to get the right look.

Keep up the good work!!

Definately on the right track here!!

What you say about the pouch can be done, but you could also buy another one.. B)

You also need to modify the ab-plate, TD's got 3 buttons instead of 4.

I can't quite see what kind of shoulder straps you got there bro', but if they are still of plastic replace them by canvas ones.

The pack also needs some work but you can find alot of tips and trics over here on the boards to get the right look.

Keep up the good work!!

Thanks Dutchy...I agree about the pouches. I have another 3 slot pouch but I need to modify the strap so that it stays closer to my body...it kinda pooches out against its loop and stands away from my body. I'll work on that today. My shoulder straps aren't canvas, they're the fake leather kind. My armor came assembled that way and I saw that it was acceptable in the requirements still so I left it.

Again, thanks for all the kind comments guys. It lets me know that aside from the present pack issues, I'm on the right track!

Looking good buddy. your weathering techniques are nice. That is a good look. I attached my pouches by cutting the original loops off, drilling holes in the back of the pouches and running zip ties through them if that helps. 6-2? Very impressive! :)