INPUT FOR THE SANDTROOPER'S STORY NEEDED !

Tyranus

Hi guys,

I really need some input on THE SANDTROOPER'S STORY.

I know a lot of you guys read or have read the story so far . . . well, now I need your help to move it forward more.

At this point in the story, I want to introduce Xizor and Black Sun (from the SHADOWS OF THE EMPIRE storyline) into the mix of things, and have compiled some thoughts for how I think that can be achieved, but I need your help for a key part of this. Below in bold are my VERY rough notes, showing what I'd like to transpire.

I need you to help me determine exactly what the damaging information might be that is mentioned below.

If you wouldn't mind glancing throught the notes, stewing on this with me and posting in with some brainstorm ideas I would really appreciate it!

~ (19 years BBY) - Xizor's main rival for the position of Vigo in Black Sun was a Nediji assassin named Kaird. Kaird and Xizor were jointly working on the Dig Site operation.

~ XIZOR WAS AT THE BOONTA EVE RACE (32 years BBY) – as were other troops from the new Dig Site – Flashback to include Anakin Skywalker winning the race – troops paying up to Watto for bets made??

~ Perhaps this is where Kaird, Xizor and Jabba met about the Dig Site Operation?

~ In present day, there will be an item or holo recovered in the cache (in the troop barracks lower level) with the BLACK SUN logo on it – this triggers a flashback memory in Holder’s still murky memories, of some bit of information he was entrusted with about the Coring Project and Dig site and how BLACK SUN secured the job, stealing it away from the Hutts. Holder keeps it as a secret.

~ It needs to be something that both Xizor and Kaird knew about and were covering up to keep the peace with the Hutts. (Something that threatens the unstable alliance between the two?)

~ Xizor saw this as something he could use to gain favor with BLACK SUN over Kaird, as both were competing for a VIGO position in the organization.

~ This information was damaging to both Kaird and Xizor, but could have been presented in such a light that it trailed back only to Kaird if presented by Xizor. If found on its own, out of context, it was potentially explosive for the organization and damaging to both Kaird and Xizor.

~ Without Xizor’s knowledge, someone else knew of the information, and years later passed it along to Holder (The Holder of Secrets) before he dies. Slicer (Holder’s squad-mate) witnesses this and is also pulled into the loop. Xizor is unaware the information has been passed along. Is the information taken and hidden? Perhaps hidden in the desert – in a dewback saddlebag hidden amidst the scattered bones of the fabled and elusive Bantha Graveyard? Could the droid Deckard repaired have a hidden tracking program to locate it?

~ Years later in or near present day, Xizor received communiqué regarding the dig site and the sensitive issue while he is pursuing 10-4TO on Coruscant – while clashing with Jedi Jax Pavan.

~ Xizor understands that the information was leaked out, and now seeks the information and those who may have known, inadvertently uncovering an aging Slicer and the preserved Holder.

~ Something Xizor (still one of the black sun viggos at this point) searches for to this day? A search he inherited from his predecessor – a search to recover something that threatens Black Sun and all he has built up also.

Any ideas would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Thanks!

:)

I understand thinking that, but truly, all I need is a scenario or item or scrap of information surrounding the securing of the Dig Site contract between Black Sun and exiled Jedimaster Dooku for delivering materials needed for Death Star I.

It can be a stand-alone situation, and have nothing to do with anything else I have written.

I just need something or some situation that surrounded the securing of the contract that could come back to bite Xizor and or Kaird in the **** if the Hutts found out why they lost the contract to Black Sun.

So truly, no one needs to re-read any of the story . . . this can be a stand-alone thing. :)

Could this scrap of information be evidence of Palpatine's involvement in the command/control of 'Black Sun'?

After all, he is the puppetmaster.

With the growing mistrust between Dooku and Palpatine, Dooku is looking for any intel to use to gain the role of Dark Lord over his master.

Could this scrap of information be evidence of Palpatine's involvement in the command/control of 'Black Sun'?

After all, he is the puppetmaster.

With the growing mistrust between Dooku and Palpatine, Dooku is looking for any intel to use to gain the role of Dark Lord over his master.

Is Palpatine behind Black Sun? I thought it was a completely seperate entity from the Empire and/or Palpatine. :blink:

What about a small group of sandtroopers accidently found another 'item' containing that information,and almost all of the sudden they were surrounded by an 'army'(dont know which is cool for ambushing enemies :P )

whilst defending themselfs,they're asking for a backup,but no one respond(again),something or technology always inhibit any operations held on tattoine,a major cover up on the entire planet??

completely outnumbered almost all troopers on the group KIA,except two...the 'sergeant' and a 'private'(maybe a spy for Xizor's behalf???),they found(or fell) through a hole in the sand which leads them to a 'hall',a used one,for something big,and found somekind of a 'panel' similar to the empire technology???

Its a simple twisted ideas,but i like to see more sandtroopers involved :) and forgive me for my bad english :P

In the novel "Shadow of the Empire", which portraits the time between ESB and ROTJ, we see Palpatine uses the rivalry between prince Xizor and Vader to his own agenda.

He definitly IS the puppetmaster!

I agree he uses the rivalry to his advantage and enjoys seeing the rivalry between Vader and Xizor, as he did with Dooku and Anakin, but is he BEHIND the might that is BLACK SUN? I thought it operated completely outside the realm of the Empire.

Pappy, while I like your ideas (which feel alot like Sandtroopers meet the X-Files meet Kelly's Heroes meet A Bridge Too Far, meet LOST) I can't have too many troopers on Tatooine, or make this too much of a high profile issue.

Tattoine is supposed to be the OUTER RIM - on the edges and fringes of esatblished, civilized territory. A place where even the Empire is scarce, and this group, the 104th Moisture Farm Patrol is operating outside the Legion, outside the Empire's official capacity - they don't exist.

I need this to be something that makes the cool, collected Xizor sweat a little - something that makes him worry about it ever seeing the light of day, and the lengths that he would go to to make sure that doesn't happen.

It must be something small - almost insignificant, yet absolutely explosive.

I got this input from troopers on the FLORIDA GARRISON board - any thoughts? Input?

IDEA 1:

"Maybe someone spying on Xizor or Kaird and reporting to the Hutts? dunno."

My response: I like this - perhaps a member of the original Dig Site team is a bit too nosy for their own good and witnesses something they shouldn't have.

IDEA 2:

What I would think would be cool is if you had some other Hutt secretly in league with the two and they later betray him and have him killed. This information is crucial to keep secret because the Hutts would have them executed if they found out.

My response: This is a very interesting idea . . . and joined with the idea from above could easily be what transpired. Perhaps what is hidden in the buried saddlebag is a copy of the original dig site security holo recording which shows the murder. If it got back to Jabba, Xizor, Kaird and Black Sun would be relentlessly and endlessly hunted and fought by the Hutts.