T-21 Rifle and Backpack Power Generator Combo

So I've found this description of the T-21 on line in several locations....

Significantly more powerful than the standard blaster rifle, the BlasTech T-21 light repeating blaster is the most deadly Imperial blaster that can be transported and fired by one soldier. The T-21 proved a common support weapon for army and stormtrooper squads. Imperial artillery sections normally include at least one solder with a T-21 who will provide cover for other crewmen while they are setting up artillery pieces and heavy repeating blasters such as the E-Web. Because of its portability, the T-21 also proved to be a popular weapon among Rebel squads during the Civil War and is still issued to some New Republic units.

While medium and heavy repeating blasters provide significantly more firepower than does the T-21, they are also bulkier and require crews of two to three soldiers. They take several minutes to set up or break down, and far too often military units don't have the luxury of waiting around for heavy support weapons.

By contrast the T-21 package is designed for use by a soldier on the move. The weapon, its belt-carried tripod, and the twenty-kilogram backpack generator can be set up and made operational in less than thirty seconds. While the blaster can be fired two-handed by a moving soldier, the light tripod offers improved accuracy. The tripod can be fully extended for instances when the T-21 is to be used as a weapon emplacement but a partially extended position is superb for sniper attacks, allowing the gunner to take advantage of the T-21's maximum range of three hundred meters. Rebel squads often used the T-21, which has an optimum range of one hundred and fifty meters, to eliminate Imperial weapon emplacements and cover advancing Alliance infantry.

While the T-21's standard power packs supply only enough energy for twenty-five shots, its separate continuous-feed power generator gives the weapon potentially unlimited fire capability, although the generator's low cooling capacity in turn limits the fire rate to once per second.

This weapon is devastating against infantry, wielding enough power output to slice easily through personal armour suits or break down force fields. The T-21 also can cut through the armour plating used on many light combat vehicles, such as armoured landspeeders. In the hands of a skilled operator the T-21 can eliminate on entire enemy squad in a matter of seconds.

Now that being said.. while not really canon, has anyone ever considered building this T-21 mod with the backpack generator? I have a lewis on the way and seeing as I need to build a backpack anyway, I was considering making one that looks like a backpack power generator with a removable belt feed mod for the T-21 itself. Add a nice custom programed Hyperdyne card and you would get some kewl sound and light effects. I know this is in the BFG section and we're talking backpacks, however since they will work together for the T-21 itself, I figured best to post this here... What do you guys think of this???

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Finally an update...

Well you guys wanted pics, then here ya go. First the basis of my Backpack Power Generator...

Fresh and unmodified from Wally World. 4 Kitty litter trays and Zip Ties... Wahoo!

Posted Image

Ok now the new stuff (well old just getting a new makeover), the Lewis Gun/T-21.

Ok little story behind this. A couple of months ago I aquired the Lewis Gun that a guy on the Florida Boards was selling. I had finally received my Lewis for my T-21. To give it weight the receiver and stock had been filled with white resin so it was nice and sturdy. Well about 2 or 3 days after I got it, I had it out on my desk trying to figure out what to do with it (what mods to make and what not). I came into the office with a laundry basket full of clothes to wash (the washer and dryer are in my office) and that's when I accidentally knocked the receiver off the desk and onto the floor. I guess due to the resin being in the receiver, the way it hit the floor, it for lack of a better work shattered into about 6 large and small peices. The top plate broke in two and cracked in several places. The receiver broke in half (the two sides coming apart and the resin cracked all in it. the trigger gaurd broke off as did one of the sides of the handle. It was an over all mess. So I started the pick up the pieces and started the process of removing the resin from inside the stock and receiver. That I tell you was a nightmare. After spending the better part of 2 weeks with a dremel and a breath mask, I finally got 90% of the resin out. The only resin left is still in the grip, which I'm not even remotely trying to remove.

So it sat on my shelf in pieces and several times I tried using plastic welder on it to try and repair it to no avail (I think it's made if Styrene, cause it's not ABS. I finally got some E-6000 about 3 weeks ago and then in the last few days I started putting it together. The stuff works great, sets fast and is easy to clean up after. I picke up some bondo and went to repairing and replacing the Lewis.

That all being said. Here are the progress pics. I figured I'd through all of it in the same thread, so here goes.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

you can see the white on the receiver was some scrap abs that I cut to replace part of the receiver that I never found.

Posted Image

You can see where it had been super glued together and where it broke.

Still alot of work ahead of me.

Yup, fun Stuff.

Well there ya go. Enjoy!

The Rifle was given to me by one of my garrison mates. I just paid for shipping. it was in pretty poor shape when I got it and well what can you say.. the shipping was $10. I'm not complaining. I like the fact that I have a hollow interior and will be using industrial velcro to attach the top plate once it's done until I have some electronice in there. I'm currently on Phase 1 of the rebuild; get it to trooping status. Phase 2 will be further more canon upgrades and Phase 3 will be lights and sound.