attaching hand plates to rubber chemical gloves

Robster

Hey guys i have 2 sets of hand plates one set on the flight gloves and the other set on some chemical.I would like to know how to you attach yours, especially what you use for the chemical gloves.

Thanks

rob

To attach plastic hand plates to rubber chemical gloves so they look glued on like the originals, I glue a strip of plastic with two male snaps attached inside the hand plates. Then, I take a piece of thick leather (or plastic will do) and make a shape roughly the same as the hand plate and attach two female snaps that correspond with the male snaps inside the hand plate. Mark out the snaps on the back of the glove by rubbing some white chalk on the snaps and then place on the glove which will leave two marks to make your slits for the female snaps to come through. Now, place you leather (or plastic) plate inside and force your female snaps through. This can get tricky as you only want to make small slits in the gloves so they grip the edges of the snaps. Once they are through you simply snpa the plates on and your done :D

That might sound like a lot of work but it isn't, and the results are much better than having a couple of strips of elastic holding the plates on.