Reworking The Strapping On My Armor

cjfive

Okay so I got a new helmet...figured it was time to do some more work on my TD:D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Went out and got a backbrace from Lowes to use as the base. The one I got had really crappy plastic clips to hold it in place. Cut those off and sewed the straps directly to the ab piece of the brace. I also attached a clasp in the chest area to help prevent the shoulder pieces from sliding offmy shoulders.

Posted Image

After that I removed the plastic shoulder pieces off my chest and back piece as they are not cannon for a TD. They will be replaced with these two pieces of canvas.

Posted Image

I then attached the straps I was already useing for the Bicep, shoulder bell, and thighs to the straps on the brace.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And yes I know the sweats are not the correct color:D

What a great idea to use a back brace! I´m using just a nylon webbing belt, and it digs into my love handles something fierce...I gotta go back brace shopping. Thanks for the tip!

The end goal is to have my shoulders(I only use 1 shoulder bell the other one would be hidden by my pauldron anyway), biceps, thighs, and eventually hopefully my backpack all hanging off of one piece. The goal is to attach clips on the front of the shoulder straps of the brace that I will click the straps comeing off the top of the pack too. I will then let the bottom of the pack hang freely in place. Haven't started that part yet because I am waiting for my new frame and hopefully my new boxes and parts to come in.

The end goal is to have my shoulders(I only use 1 shoulder bell the other one would be hidden by my pauldron anyway), biceps, thighs, and eventually hopefully my backpack all hanging off of one piece. The goal is to attach clips on the front of the shoulder straps of the brace that I will click the straps comeing off the top of the pack too. I will then let the bottom of the pack hang freely in place. Haven't started that part yet because I am waiting for my new frame and hopefully my new boxes and parts to come in.

Interesting way to strap everything. I can't wait to see how it turns out.