Forearms

Hey folks,

A search for 'forearms' didn't yield any results on this topic, so forgive me if it's been discussed.

Many of the ref pics I'm seeing seem to show that the forearms on many of the sandys are trimmed excessively in the inner elbow. Troopers with bent arms show that the outer, back end of the forearm piece actually extends back beyond the elbow, rather than being more or less flush or ending before it.

I don't have a pic, but it's visible on Brak's hi-def captures, particularly as the troopers are waving Luke to a halt, think it's the 'move along' trooper in the foreground on the right.

My first guess is that it's either just a discrepancy in the trimming between suits or that it was done for functionality maybe.

Am I imagining this or are some of the forearms trimmed to sit the whole piece farther up the arm?

Thanks,

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

I just think it had to do with fitting them to the actors. There was probably lots of pinching so they got trimmed. Also some probably had longer forearms than others so not all of them needed trimming.