VT sandtrooper helmet mod

TK/TD6908

Ok, some of you have seen my thread on the VT helmet i obtained and my weathering of it. I felt the helmet , being .60 ABS was a bit thin. So i decided to give the fiberglass reinforcement method a try. It was good fro display, but too thin for my taste to troop in. So i reinforced the cap and back, and just the side tubes and edges of the face. It worked perfectly and is now plenty sturdy for trooping. I also opened the eyes a bit more and thinned the ears. SO now that i know i would troop in this, i wanted to do a fan mod similar to what i did on my TK. If you dont know, i just cut the lines in the tears out and put 2 fans over each of the tears. It works GREAT. If your at any troop where theres AC it feels like the AC is in your bucket! and its not noticeable at all if done right. So i wanted to do this with the TD... but the TD does not have lines in the tears....so i started thinking......

I thought maybe i can cut lines within the outline of the tear. Wont be as much air being pulled in, but more then if there was nothing, So i gave it a go..and it seems to be a success! im just awaiting the fan set up from bucketworks, and it should be ready to go. Im also on the waiting list for another set of stompers fine speaker filled hovis haha. So here are some pics...you cant even tell i cut them unless you are up VERY close. Still want to fine tune the paint in the tears a bit though. enjoy!

So what do you guys think? This mod wont inhibit deployed status would it?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm wondering if cutting the outline of the rear vents would work as well...

...to assist in letting the warm air and reduce condensation.

Mesh in behind so the grey section is still supported and view from outside is limited?

Thanks for confirming the density of the VT - otherwise a sharp looking bucket!

Cheers!